ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrade now available what should i get?

Clio 197
Tmobile have just informed me i can upgrade right now, i currenlty have a HTC HD2 and find it a bit laggy at times which annoys the feck out of me.

I automatically thought of the iPhone 4 as a worthy replacement but on having a look around the T-mobile site there are many different options. I am no kind of phone geek so i am a bit confused!

I mainly use it for texting and web browsing (mainly CS!) - i would like access to decent apps too as windows 6.5 marketplace on my HD2 is shocking

Any thoughts?

Clio 172 Cup
Did you know your HD2 can be flashed with any of the other operating systems?

I run different forms on Android on mine, everything works Marketplace/apps/camera/net etc etc.

It's also worth a small fortune on ebay for this reason, so if you do upgrade, get selling on the free listing day this weekend.

The Samsung Galaxy S2 seems to have a fair bit of following. Worth a punt?

Clio 172 Cup
Did you know your HD2 can be flashed with any of the other operating systems?

I run different forms on Android on mine, everything works Marketplace/apps/camera/net etc etc.

It's also worth a small fortune on ebay for this reason, so if you do upgrade, get selling on the free listing day this weekend.

The Samsung Galaxy S2 seems to have a fair bit of following. Worth a punt?

Clio 197
thanks for the suggestion bud but its definitely new phone time, my girlfriend has the original galaxy s and she said its a load of pump, how is this one better ?

Medici. I've missed you.

Glad you're back as I have some questions about that thing you bought for your penis to make it longer. The bathmate IIRC.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
my upgrade was due a month ago but i'm still holding on for the HTC Sensation, i'm on T-Mobile too

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
there are people out there who don't want an iphone you know they are other phones out there

Mini Cooper S sport
My OH has just bought the Samsung Galaxy S2 and he loves it. I think it's an awesome phone and I want one too!

Medici. I've missed you.

Glad you're back as I have some questions about that thing you bought for your penis to make it longer. The bathmate IIRC.

I also want to know if it's worked!

Mito Sportiva 135
S2....from what I can see it is better than Sensation in a variety of ways. Sense was the only semi-trump card over the S2 but you can buy most of the Sense widgets anyway on the market.

Clio 197
now in terms of non iPhones are there any out there that i can use with a docking station and or plug into the clio? Or is that iPhone only?

I am waiting for a phone call back today re upgrade as i have seen the T-mobile deals and they are not very competitive - wonder if they can do any better deals

Mito Sportiva 135
As long as your car has a USB interface then it will work.

All my iPhone 4 friends are very impressed with the S2.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
galaxy s 2. played with sense 3 on the sensation and loved it, but the galaxy has a much better screen, better resolution and a MUCH better camera. Thats why I got that rather than the HTC.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Surely you'd need to be mental to buy a glaxy phone.

I still can't see why anyone would buy anything but an iPhone these days. It's simplicity and genius combined.

Mito Sportiva 135
Gally...I can't see why you would not take off your Apple-tinted specs and realise that, actually, there are several better phones than the iPhone 4 out now. And they are cheaper too.

As I said, even my iPhone 4 fanatic friends were very envious of my S2, the only thing they could think of which is better is Infinity Blade...but that's because it's not out on Android rather than the hardware not being able to handle it.

Fiesta ST-2
The sensation has a better resolution than the S2. Id go S2, loving mine. PS1/N64 emulators work very smooth if you're into that stuff.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Gally...I can't see why you would not take off your Apple-tinted specs and realise that, actually, there are several better phones than the iPhone 4 out now. And they are cheaper too.

As I said, even my iPhone 4 fanatic friends were very envious of my S2, the only thing they could think of which is better is Infinity Blade...but that's because it's not out on Android rather than the hardware not being able to handle it.

Lols I have anything but Apple tinted specs. Oh and you're now comparing a phone released over 12 months ago to a nearly new phone.

Fiesta ST-2
I loved my iphone 3GS, most of my mates have iphone 4's ive so ive played about on em enough to know what theyre all about and i know 100% i made the right decision getting an S2. The only disappointing thing is the android market is rubbish in comparison to the appstore.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No harm in going for the market leader. Its still above and away the best all round smart phone a year after release.

Twingo GT
just hold out for a couple months and get the IPhone 5... thats what im doing, mine was due 6weeks ago just told them to change it to the iphone5 when it comes out

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
just hold out for a couple months and get the IPhone 5... thats what im doing, mine was due 6weeks ago just told them to change it to the iphone5 when it comes out
Have you seen it? Heard it's cracking! :boring:

Twingo GT
like full 1080p screen? screens a lil bit bigger, HUGE memory and then its running more advanced hardware than the IPAD2!!! its gonna be sooooo immense!

Mito Sportiva 135
Lols I have anything but Apple tinted specs. Oh and you're now comparing a phone released over 12 months ago to a nearly new phone.

Erm, you were just comparing? And if you think it is absurd to not contemplate an iPhone, then I would say you are an Apple-ficiando, and therefore one of those people who go to bed dreaming of curved aluminium surfaces, prefering the touch to that of a human, and willing to have it at any cost....

Judging by Jjay's comments I would clearly put him in the same camp too!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I hear it's going to have a 12mp camera and 128gb of memory. I hear colours are being talked about aswell. I want a Green one...

Erm, you were just comparing? And if you think it is absurd to not contemplate an iPhone, then I would say you are an Apple-ficiando, and therefore one of those people who go to bed dreaming of curved aluminium surfaces, prefering the touch to that of a human, and willing to have it at any cost....

There's two reasons people buy an Android phone.

1) It's cheap. They want a smart phone but can't afford/justify the cost of an iPhone

2) They have some sort of weird complex (yourself, andy etc) with Apple where it means they must moan about it at all times and jabber on about their cheap phone.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
3) they love piracy

4) never pay for apps

5) really geeky

6) want to appear really geeky

Mito Sportiva 135
Erm, the S2 is more expensive than the iP4 (or the deal I could get, offered me it for free) - I paid >£100 for the S2.

I definitely didn't buy it to save money lol.

If Android owners are geeky then iPhone owners are man-bag lenseless-glasses with a bit of stubble and trying to be the cool kid, but actually go home alone every night, crying, rubbing curved aluminium surfaces... :)