ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrade now available what should i get?

Mito Sportiva 135
I did say that tongue on cheek, as I suspect you are "one of them". I'm not brand loyal I buy the best phone for me each time I upgrade, got an HTC before, Samsung now, maybe an iPhone next time. Just makes me laugh whole forums of people dedicated to, for example, a white iPhone..."oh wow. It's like an iPhone, but WHITE. I'll get 5!" kind of thing.

Fair play to Apple for generating such fans and loyalty though, plus iPhones are great, I just much preferred the S2 after trying both and what I want it to do.

Why do you focus on people being 'one of them' or 'fanboys' in every post?

Why aren't people allowed to pick the best phone for them in the way you have? Or just because people have chosen the worlds leading smartphone, you presume they were brainwashed at some point?

Mito Sportiva 135
Because most the people on here, like you, are Apple fanboys?

And also because Apple, as a superbrand, are reverred in the same way as a religion by many, many people. I'm not even exagerrating, but some people respond to Apple in the same way religious people do with certain stimuli...which leads them to do the PR for the company in the same way as devout religious believers spout about whatever imaginary person in the sky they believe in.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You are still missing the point, its widely regarded as the most complete phone out there. Its crazy to dismiss it. Who care's if Apple are a so called superbrand, if they make one of the best products why should you let personal feelings cloud your judgement? The media agree, user agree, sales agree.

However if I refer to my favourite tech blog

For a handset with such a broad range of standout features and specs, the Galaxy S II is remarkably easy to summarize. It's the best Android smartphone yet, but more importantly, it might well be the best smartphone, period. Of course, a 4.3-inch screen size won't suit everyone, no matter how stupendously thin the device that carries it may be, and we also can't say for sure that the Galaxy S II would justify a long-term iOS user foresaking his investment into one ecosystem and making the leap to another. Nonetheless, if you're asking us what smartphone to buy today, unconstrained by such externalities, the Galaxy S II would be the clear choice. Sometimes it's just as simple as that.

Last edited:
  Mito Sportiva 135
I already said it's a very good phone, I just said it wasn't the best OR cheapest phone, so I wouldn't recommend it personally.

My point about super brands is that people continue to madly support them and won't even contemplate alternatives as their loyalty is so extreme. Not having a go like I said when I upgrade in 2 years maybe the iP6 will be the one to go for, but the S2 is a better piece of kit than the iP4, at least in the vat majority of independent reviews I have seen.

Because most the people on here, like you, are Apple fanboys?

And also because Apple, as a superbrand, are reverred in the same way as a religion by many, many people. I'm not even exagerrating, but some people respond to Apple in the same way religious people do with certain stimuli...which leads them to do the PR for the company in the same way as devout religious believers spout about whatever imaginary person in the sky they believe in.

Why am I fanboy exactly? Because I buy the products that best fit what I want?

Am I a Duracell fanboy as I use those batteries as I find them the best? A Calvin Klein fanboy as I only wear that brand of thongs? An Adidas fanboy as I only wear their trainers?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
My point about super brands is that people continue to madly support them and won't even contemplate alternatives as their loyalty is so extreme.

And so you know, that point isn't relevant in this thread. The OP has a HD2.

And its not really relevant in any thread, simple fact of the matter is that these days platform choice is a long term investment. (unless you are a pikey)
Once you get a device on iOS or Android you become entwined with apps, music, (maybe) books and all other sorts of content that you may or may not have paid for. So switching at this point is a real pain.

Thats before i start talking about accessories like car stereos and docks.

UR R26
My upgrade is available now. I'm holding out till iPhone 5. Apple products are expensive. I paid £700 less for my Sony Vaio over a MBP. But after 4 months I had to send it back to Sony (motherboard overheated). Their customer service was shocking and they fucked up the courier. IMO when it comes to getting a new laptop. I'll be spending the extra money for the quality and a superior customer service.

Mito Sportiva 135
Because even in the Apple thread, they refer to you as a fanboy....

A fanboy is one who gets annoyed when people question why they don't contemplate others (as you have) and feel the need to defend them (as you have).

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL. Same old sh*t?

Notice how it's nearly always non-iPhone users who start this sh*t.

We're happy. Deal wid it.

Listerine & Poledo
I did my time selling phones.
Typically the iPhone buyer is a lot less tech-savvy than a Symbian or Android user. iPhone just plugs in and works (providing you're not holding it at the time, of course).
They may not be technically the best, but because it's "an iPhone", people want it. Mostly because the original users were so desperate to convince themselves it was worth the ridiculous cost they couldn't put it in their pocket for fear of people not seeing that they had one.

not a rant, just an observation. It's nowhere near as bad now, but back then (2006?), people were touting them about like they were carrying Jesus.

Mito Sportiva 135
Christopher, If you read my posts, not just parts of it, you will see I am not in any way dissing Apple or any of it's products. It's marketing is genius in that many of it's customers are like religious zealots.

I am happy with my S2 right now and I am very sorry that my opinion diverges with your opinion, which is clearly the right one.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
OK i've been rational, but you are acting like a f**king idiot. f**k off.

Mito Sportiva 135
Brilliant. Love the attitude of admin on here...try to have a rational debate and when people disagree with you, they resort to swearing.

I hope you are as mature in real life. t**t.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Indeed. ClioSport opinion amuses me, right up until the point people ignore you. Then i get fucked off.

Sorry to hear about the Job old chap, anything in the pipeline?

Listerine & Poledo
Brilliant. Love the attitude of admin on here...try to have a rational debate and when people disagree with you, they resort to swearing.

I hope you are as mature in real life. t**t.

What's this, fighting fire with fire?

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
There's two reasons people buy an Android phone.

1) It's cheap. They want a smart phone but can't afford/justify the cost of an iPhone

2) They have some sort of weird complex (yourself, andy etc) with Apple where it means they must moan about it at all times and jabber on about their cheap phone.

How have i got an apple complex hen posting this on my MBP with my iPad sat in my bedroom?

I love apple, just a shame the iPhone 4 is poor in comparison to the top end android devices

The Apple Vs Andriod

Ps3 Vs Xbox

Diesel Vs Petrol

These will never end just everyone has thier own opinions and likes.

I think the My HTC Desire is a better Phone only because i tested it against my gf's IPhone 4.

Android:-
Better Camera
Easier to upload Files to Computer
Faster, quicker to access the Internet

IPhone:-
Good Mp3 Player
Good Memory
Itunes

Hence my Ipod!