ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrade to 182. Yet another question about Performance

I've yet to find a downside to the map (sure someone will correct me)
Smoother power delivery - 5k kick is still there just not as aggressive.
Drives ten fold better on a cold start then it ever used to
Better mpg on normal driving
More responsive lower down the rev range.....

Sure there's lots more but I've not noticed a down side to it.

Clio 200
All this talk of the RS Tuner has got me interested. I've had my 182 for nearly a year now and love it. Possibly a silly question but as I've never driven any other clio sport, what's the easiest way of telling whether it's already been done or not? The car already had a few mods and I've always wondered if it'd had the RS Tuner treatment.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Chip makes a good point ( again ), the 5k kick is nice if you are used to that sort of thing, I had a ep3 type-r about a year or so ago and it makes me reminisce of that. Thinking about mapping it soonish with a rstuner, is there any downsides to the map? I'm sure it's been posted before but this seems like a good discussion atm

It makes it an even worse idea to run your car on 95 than it already is.
If you continually take it to the new higher redline then obviously more rpm are worse for the engine if you are up there a lot.

But basically, no real downside of any consequence as no one but an idiot would put 95 in a 172/182 and there is no point in revving it to the new limiter as the standard cams have died off by then anyway.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
All this talk of the RS Tuner has got me interested. I've had my 182 for nearly a year now and love it. Possibly a silly question but as I've never driven any other clio sport, what's the easiest way of telling whether it's already been done or not? The car already had a few mods and I've always wondered if it'd had the RS Tuner treatment.

Trouble is, if the RS tuner has been done but your cam timing is just slightly out then to drive it will go back to feeling like standard, so you cant be certain from how it feels to drive.
See where your hot rev limiter is I would say is the most reliable way to see, although bear in mind that if its higher than standard (standard is around 7200) it might be some other map not a RS Tuner one, which would could be good or bad depending on where it was done!