ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgraded bulbs on 1.2 Dynamique

Okay guys,

Don't want to mess about with lights that aren't legal or chavvy ones.

I assume you can't just fit Xenon lights from a Sport onto a standard Clio.

My alternative is too just uprate the bulbs to something brighter.

I don't want it to be chav looking that are completely blue but maybe something clear with perhaps a tint of blue!! Don't want anything thats too bright either that people on the other side of the road are going to keep flashing me!!

What would your guys recommendations be? Any pictures of what you guys have??

Thanks

Okay guys,

Don't want to mess about with lights that aren't legal or chavvy ones.

I assume you can't just fit Xenon lights from a Sport onto a standard Clio.

My alternative is too just uprate the bulbs to something brighter.

I don't want it to be chav looking that are completely blue but maybe something clear with perhaps a tint of blue!! Don't want anything thats too bright either that people on the other side of the road are going to keep flashing me!!

What would your guys recommendations be? Any pictures of what you guys have??

Thanks

You can. :)

52reg Clio 1.216v
sweeet is this true so i can go buy a set of xenons lights from a sport from a car which is being split or something and just fit them ? if this is true im deffo doing it

Oh that's great, how much are they roughly and are there any issues with MOT etc...?

Just want to avoid any trouble with the Police in terms of tints/lights/number plates etc.

I've never had any trouble with the police. The xenons may cause an issue on the MOT as they don't have auto levelling like on the sport and no washer jets which they are suppose to. I just took mine out and put the standard ones back in for the MOT. Unless your running illegal Chav 10000k bulbs then they will never notice/care.

Oh okay, thats great, is it just a simple swap or does anything different have to be done??

I suppose its just worth keeping the standard ones for when it comes to MOT time!

Cheers

Xenon units are exspensive and hard to come by a cheap set,

HIDs can blind other people and frowned upon by many, also an MOT fail now i believe so wouldnt bother with those...

The conclusion i came after trying white look bulbs, they where crap but looked good so i ditched those, and as ive said before a few times, id just change the dipped beam to Osram night breakers and side bulbs to Philips blue vision...

They dont look fancy but they are better bulbs and slightly whiter...

Then again if you do want the xenon look, get xenon units, they will be worth the money for the look.

Well I've decided against the Xenon's, £220 is a bit too much at the minute.

One of my headlights is a bit messed up so I've got a new pair waiting to be put in so I'm going to go for some better bulbs with the new headlights I am going to put on.

What would your guy's recommendations be? Something bit white, maybe with a tint of blue for that xenon look without it looking chavvy!

Any pictures of what you guys have would be good and some links please.

Cheers!!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Osram Nightbreaker + are pretty white. You will be hard pushed to get a halogen bulb that looks like a xenon bulb and gives good light in the dark.

Thats great, I'll look into those...they don't blind oncoming traffic do they? Would prefer not being flashed all the time lol.

Any pictures???

MK3 GTI golf 16v
just put xenon bulbs in your standard lights if you want to save money. i got a set from halfrauds for £25 or something, called laser blue. but there just white. or alternatively osram bulbs are good, got them on the bike