ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Upgraded" to Airpods Gen 3 from Gen1..

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Had my gen 1 airpods for 3 ish years now, brilliant in general but the battery is suffering so got some airpods gen3 for Christmas.

Awful.

Gen 1 they magnetic click into the case, the gen 3 almost feel like they aren't in.
The way you put them in is also unnatural. instead of take out the ear and pop in, no take out and then turn them to a weird angle to drop in.

Finally, find them so much more uncomfortable.

Am i the only one feeling like the Gen 3 are much worse?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Dunno about the gen 3’s but the pros are pissing me off constantly falling out of my ears. Didn’t have that issue with the original AirPods.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Dunno about the gen 3’s but the pros are pissing me off constantly falling out of my ears. Didn’t have that issue with the original AirPods.

I dont know if its the same as the 3's but i read that once you put it in the ear, you twist it towards your front of face. If that makes sense. Made my 3's sit better.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Oh. I was thinking of airpod pros. I have some anker soundcore buds currently, sound quality is ok I just think the features/commands are too awkward and annoying. Plus 1 earbud suddenly went quiet and no amount of resets seems to fix them. I’ve been looking at the airpod pros and they seem to be well rated. For fitment issues can’t you use a different sized attachment?

Clio 182

I got the pro’s before Christmas- fit fine with the silicone tips but have a funny left ear and bud was loosening off in gym (normal airpods don’t fit me whatsoever) - anyway Comply memory foam tips are the way forward amazingly secure and stay put in the gym (£25 on amazon but worth every penny)

Edit - also go for the variety pack as I used small silicone apple tips but the foam ones I’m using medium and large

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R27, Deep Black
This is now making me reconsider upgrading my AirPod 2s to the 3s.. I love my ones but was considering an upgrade. Might just hold off now.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
This is now making me reconsider upgrading my AirPod 2s to the 3s.. I love my ones but was considering an upgrade. Might just hold off now.
the sound quality from the 1 to the 3 is a huge upgrade. the comfort is massively down. try them out if you can.

Clio 197,with megan'
Why stick with Apple?. With my iPhone, I use Sony wf xm3, and 4, Nuraloop, and a few others, OR, go the whole hog, lightening adaptor to a dap, or a Bluetooth dap, and wired earbuds of choice.I use Shure ie900. It obviously depends what your intended use is, and the quality of music you require, ease of use etc.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Oh. I was thinking of airpod pros. I have some anker soundcore buds currently, sound quality is ok I just think the features/commands are too awkward and annoying. Plus 1 earbud suddenly went quiet and no amount of resets seems to fix them. I’ve been looking at the airpod pros and they seem to be well rated. For fitment issues can’t you use a different sized attachment?

The pros are really good. Not the best thing out there, but good at everything. But If you aren’t set on them can get better for less

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Months on, still not a fan of these. Such a down wards step in comfort compared to the gen 1 version.

anyone looking to buy, avoid the gen 3. Cant comment on the pro as i didnt like the really in ear ones so didnt try them.