ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrading an old PC?

MK3 Sport Tourer TCE
Hi, I'm after some advice as to whether it's worthwhile upgrading the components in my pc.

I currently have:
An ECS K7S5A motherboard
An AMD AthlonXP 1700+ processor
512 MB DDR memory
64 MB NVidia GeForce graphics card

I don't need a s**t-hot system as I don't play games or watch movies on the machine but I'd like to upgrade and also to learn about removing and fitting components. I also don't want to spend a great deal either ;)

So what would you recommend I start with? Or would it cost less to just buy a new machine with better specs?

I'm not fussed about Intel/AMD etc

Any help would be appreciated.

CLIO 172 EXCLUSIVE
Hi, I'm after some advice as to whether it's worthwhile upgrading the components in my pc.

I currently have:
An ECS K7S5A motherboard
An AMD AthlonXP 1700+ processor
512 MB DDR memory
64 MB NVidia GeForce graphics card

I don't need a s**t-hot system as I don't play games or watch movies on the machine but I'd like to upgrade and also to learn about removing and fitting components. I also don't want to spend a great deal either ;)

So what would you recommend I start with? Or would it cost less to just buy a new machine with better specs?

I'm not fussed about Intel/AMD etc

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi

I run a computer co. i can do you a dell gx270 2.8 1gb mem 40gb hdd cdrw dvd 96mb graphics for £120 delivered - pm if interested.

Damo

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
Some of those 1700+ processors are very overclockable. They run at 1.46Ghz stock, but I had mine running at 2.4Ghz back in the day.