ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrading front speakers etc

Renaultsport Clio 172
Hello all, new here and have just got my first Clio Sport - a black 172 which is completely stock.

The only thing I don't like about it is the sh*tty stock speakers!

I'm planning on upgrading the front speakers and adding a sub/amp combo in the boot. On a very tight budget to be honest and I want to keep the original HU as I use the CD changer alot and don't have the extra funds to upgrade the HU, even though I know a new HU would be better.

Basically I'm looking for a cheap and simple way of upgrading the front speakers and adding an amp/sub combo in the boot.

I like the the renault pioneers but dont fancy taking the dash off. Can the stock tweeters be disconnected and removed and replaced without taking the dash off?

or would I be better off getting a set of components for the front speakers and disconnecting the front tweeters?

Further how do I go about wiring up a sub/amp combo to the standard HU?

Thanks guys

VRS, 200CUP, S1
I have Coaxials in the front of mine and only got the tweeters out by taking off the dash!
if your changing the front speakers i wouldn't recommend changing the speaker cable as the loom is awful, unless you willing to do some precise electrical work or drilling!

Not sure if the standard head unit has pre-outs as it only stayed in mine for a day. your gunna need to drill the power cable in through the bulkhead aswell.

Hope have helped

BMW M135i
Dash has to come off for the tweeters and its really not difficult. Those specific fit pioneers aren't bad for the money.