ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrading PC

v6
Right, my PC's getting on a bit so in need of a bit of an upgrade. I'm not too clued up on all this stuff but hopefully going in the right direction.

Start with this bundle:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-068-OK&groupid=701&catid=339&subcat=944
Does this include the fan and heatsink or do I need to add that on?

My current HDD is only 80GB so want to add either an extra drive (approx 250GB) or just get an external one. I'm thinking the external one as they are far cheaper but are they only good for storage i.e. not for installing apps/games on?

I'm going to keep my current graphics card for the time being (save up for an 8800GTS), will my current PSU be alright too for the time being?

Punto/Clio GTT
firstly the cpu should comes with heatsink/fan and paste already applied yep.

secondly, exterior hd's cost more than internal ones i thought?

i paid 55 quid for a 500gb internal one off ebuyer

whats your psu, what watts etc what brand

v6
I haven't a clue about my PSU, would I phsically have to look at it or is it my device manager or something? If I were to get an internal hard drive is it just a case of plugging it so i have a choice of where to install things?
Thank for the reply

Punto/Clio GTT
apparantly you should stick to branded names, although im running a 550w Huntkey (overclockers.co.uk and its very good. was one of the cheapest too.

but yea, definatly get at least a 500w ide say

v6
Cheers, just had a look and that supply gets good reviews and is damn cheap! Sorry for being a total noob but will this fit any case (keeping the original for now)?

Punto/Clio GTT
i think, dont quote me, but any psu fits any case with the exception of the mini towers or the mini units, but tbh i think they fit those too. its just a case of sliding it along as much as it needs to go and then screw it in with 4 screws.