ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrading speakers in 182

BMW M3
Hi there,

Since fitting 6x9 speakers in a 86 micra and driving to Mongolia in it, ive realised that the standard sound in my 182 could be better/richer.

Ive no idea of the size and watt of the standard ones and was wondering if you could easily upgrade to better speakers within their original housing.

Can anyone recommend some speakers to me that i could just replace them with and what watt they would be ?

Thank you.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Very good shout mate i'll be watching this thread cause I need to the same with mine :)

mini cooper (RIP 172)
they are 13cm, components in front and co-alixes in the back

so just search the net to see what will fit for your ££

edit - you really need to get a better head unit then the standard one, this will make a big diffrance to the sound and should be the 1st thing to do

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i wanted to keep my 172 standard after having a decent install in my 1.2 16v as i couldnt be bothered cutting wires etc. but it sounded crap so put my old £500 (at the time) pioneer headunit in it and it sounds much much better, although now im used to it i want my components and sub back lol

Revo Stage 1 Leon FR
im in the same situation with mine at the moment, have justn upgraded to a sony head unit, it doesn't sound too bad, but any form of volume and it just distorts... i was just getting used to enjoying my boot space too :(