ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrading to H.I.D.....

can't complain for £45 with a warrenty! nice one mate! what bulbs you thinkin of getting is 8000k too blue?

Clio Dynamique
doesnt it bother anyone about the item location?

if they are based in America etc? getting them here? and then your warranty? If something does go wrong, you have to fork out for shipping back to america?

I wasnt sure, so thought id ask your opinions?

S2000
What bulb fitment are you all looking for?

I have a few sets for sale at the moment that are H4 fitment in either 4.3k or 6k, prices are very very good. I can get other fitments but it wouldn't be till I order some more in.

If anyone is interested PM me.

Cupra K1 & Clio 200
They are very hard to fit onto mk2 ph2s as they have bulb holders! had to do a bit of modifying of the bulb holder to fit into the trophy!

As for Mk3s i dont have a clue..mine has xenons! but you might wanna check if they too use bulbholders!

might sound stupid but what you exactly mean by bulb holders? once they have been pushed through the hole in the back of the light they only appear to held in be a small metal clip type thing

In the Mk3 you're looking at taking the whole front bumper off just to change a bulb, as yes they are held in by bulb holders. Managed to fit silvervisions to mine without the need for taking the bumper off, but further down it is too tight to get your hand in to access the main/ dipped beam bulbs etc. I too would be interested in a HID kit for my mk3 but sounds like it'll be a hell of a lot of work. Josh

I've already had the bumper off a few months back for a job on the bumper itself, wasn't too much trouble to be honest, so what kind of problems will bulb holders cause? I don't know much about this isn't it just like replacing it with a normal bulb?

Cupra K1 & Clio 200
the bulb holders basically hold the bulb in place, and screw into the mk2 ph2 lights! and as the bulb holders wont hold HID bulbs you have to take it apart and modify the bulb holder to fit. Im not sure if MK3s have bulb holders but i assume they do as mk2s do!

josh_sx...its a bit tight fitting in HIDs, however its possible! managed to change quite a few bulbs from my 106dci, painful tho! p.s. you got any pics of your Sx?!

Ah right, something I'll probably look into in the future then, wait for someone to have a go and see how it goes first though I think. And yer got a few quick pics of the SX...

DSC09447.jpg

Image047.jpg

I recieved my HID kit today looking to install them on saturday or friday, just out of curiosity what happens when it comes to mot time with these fitted? will it fail?

Chelsea tractor
I recieved my HID kit today looking to install them on saturday or friday, just out of curiosity what happens when it comes to mot time with these fitted? will it fail?
Probably, unless you have projector headlights

Conway let me know how you get on mate cuz im
having all sorts of problems installing my HID's on my cup.
They work on the car trying to install them into the Headlight housing
is another story just wont click in like standard bulbs.
Im hearing its because i have to mod my exsiting bulb holder to be able to take
a H7 HID bulb i aint got a clue where to start to be honest so im stuck here
with a pair of HID's..Any info with anyone thats done this would be bang on cuz im stuck .
I've also been told i have to take my bumper off to install which has pissed me
off a little cuz if i start taking it apart i will never get it back together..

53 Clio's & counting
i have the top ebay link set,the kit is very good,mine took s lil long to get to me,tho and poor communtication from the seller but no probs with the kit as a whole,still havent fitted them yet,hoping to do that this weekend

White Sti Hatch
I will be getting a set of 6K in my car when i get the time to do it as on the Mk3s you have to remove them Front bumper to get at the lights :/ so bit of a night mare

Conway let me know how you get on mate cuz im
having all sorts of problems installing my HID's on my cup.
They work on the car trying to install them into the Headlight housing
is another story just wont click in like standard bulbs.
Im hearing its because i have to mod my exsiting bulb holder to be able to take
a H7 HID bulb i aint got a clue where to start to be honest so im stuck here
with a pair of HID's..Any info with anyone thats done this would be bang on cuz im stuck .
I've also been told i have to take my bumper off to install which has pissed me
off a little cuz if i start taking it apart i will never get it back together..

Will do mate... will admit though i'm startin to worry slightly bout doin this, from what people have said sounds like nothing but trouble

How do you know if they are projector headlamps?

Also my headlamps the the same as josh_sx's.... they are xenons aren't they? and will that affect me installin my HID kit?

I know that mine are not projecter headlights
and mines a mk2 clio im pretty sure the dynamique has exactly the same lights
has mine and no it wont effect you installing them has long has u got
the right bulb mines H7 ur fine...

Yeh like i said give me a shout when ur done i wanna see if
you had any problems when it comes to putting them into the headlights
cuz im on a desperado one to get mine done

In the Mk3 you're looking at taking the whole front bumper off just to change a bulb, as yes they are held in by bulb holders. Managed to fit silvervisions to mine without the need for taking the bumper off, but further down it is too tight to get your hand in to access the main/ dipped beam bulbs etc. I too would be interested in a HID kit for my mk3 but sounds like it'll be a hell of a lot of work. Josh

josh ive got HID kit on my MK3 and its sweet as! bumper doesnt need to come off at all.
got mine on a group buy from strathy with HIDS4u at only 50 quid.
ill ive got pics if you want

tech park lolol
fav pic location!
i live just outside hamilton...the r27 is gorgeous mate.where you from?
few pics of mine and some of the HIDs

SLR423-1.jpg

CLIO001.jpg

SLR428-1.jpg

p.s the garage in wishaw did mine...only took 40mins tops and 30quid

Last edited:
  ST
Cheers, yeah the tech park, always good for that 'industrial' feel..

Blantyre matey..

Me and my mate done mine in my garage, no ramps or that so quite difficult..

I phoned the garage about fitting mine, they quoted me £130 to fit, 3 hours labour or something..rippin cvnts!!

HIDs are kinda hard to take pics of and get the luminosity of them on camera. nice to see a few moddedd MK3s on here anyway!
i dont know marc at the garage personally so i didnt get a preffered price or anything...must just be my luck! go down mfi?

ST
Nah matey...i'm too old for all that lark now..back in my 'yoof' i used to kick about down the retail park in hamilton..

White Sti Hatch
Oz size are the wheels ? Going to get myself a set i think

You can come do mine Alan when i bother to get it :D !

Yeah alan its full of fannies nowadays!

BioHzrd: 17s. whered you get your colies for the mk3?!

oh and back on topic.... go on HIDS4u and type 'strathycruise' for the 40% discount

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member

How do you know if they are projector headlamps?

Also my headlamps the the same as josh_sx's.... they are xenons aren't they? and will that affect me installin my HID kit?
Projectors are the ones with the rounds glass in them rather than just reflectors. Middle one in the pic below.
lamp-dscn4126.jpg

White Sti Hatch
Yeah alan its full of fannies nowadays!

BioHzrd: 17s. whered you get your colies for the mk3?!

oh and back on topic.... go on HIDS4u and type 'strathycruise' for the 40% discount

Much you get them for PM me to keep this thing on topic.....and K Tec mate

Chelsea tractor
I know that mine are not projecter headlights
and mines a mk2 clio im pretty sure the dynamique has exactly the same lights
has mine and no it wont effect you installing them has long has u got
the right bulb mines H7 ur fine...

Yeh like i said give me a shout when ur done i wanna see if
you had any problems when it comes to putting them into the headlights
cuz im on a desperado one to get mine done
Why don't you just buy the proper HID units for the mk2? MATT BLACK sells them for £250 or so apparently

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
tech park lolol
fav pic location!
i live just outside hamilton...the r27 is gorgeous mate.where you from?
few pics of mine and some of the HIDs

SLR423-1.jpg

CLIO001.jpg

SLR428-1.jpg

p.s the garage in wishaw did mine...only took 40mins tops and 30quid

Which Garage was that?, it not for this car for my next one if i can get HIDs for for under £100 fitted it'd be alot better than £450 from the factory lol.