ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

uprated door speaker help

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Right ive had a sub in my 1.2 since i got it, and tbh i quite like it! dont want to put it in my 172 though as i need as much boot space as possible and dont want that weight in the boot! the car already has alpine 13cm door speakers allround which still sound gash when up at any decent kinda level. however i was lookin around and seen these, door speakers with what seems to be amps to run them? just wondering if anyone on here has anything like this and if it will still sound quite basy as if i had a smaller sub and can be played at a good lever without crackling etc? these were what i was looking at

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/5324.html

any help with this would be handy!

Cheers
Stu

Stripped yozza'd cup
They're not amps mate, they're crossovers. They seperate the high frequencies from the low frequences and send them to the tweeter and the woofer respectively.

You'll never ever get good sound quality out of component speakers without amping them. Head unit power isn't even close to what it will tell you it has.

Also, If you want proper sound quality and some half decent mid-bass out of some components, they need to be properly sealed into the door...

If you want any help mate, feel free to PM me. I know a fair bit about car audio as I used to run a side line business buying, selling and fitting audio equipment while i was at uni.