ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uprated pads on the rear but not front....

Im in need of new rear brake pads.
Around the £40 mark for OEM ones but i can get yellow stuff pads for £44.

Would it be ok to run uprated pads on the rear and OEM up front?

Not going to out balance the braking?

Im not doing that haha. I know the fronts do most of the braking but im still going to spend decent cash on the rears, even if it is only £40!

Stripped yozza'd cup
EBC are probably worse than the oem pads. I haven't read anything good about them on here.

The rear pads do literally FA. There is no point whatsoever in updating rear pads. Maybe you should just buy new fronts as well if you're desperate to upgrade your pads

GB 182 FF
I had some greens on my omega... they were ACE!!!!!! so it seems that if you want ebc's to be good you need a car that weighs about the same as Saturn lol

Stripped yozza'd cup
I'm not sure why this is.... They seem to be very good on some other marque's but just get slaughtered in Clio reviews.

GB 182 FF
it appears that if the car weighs less than a ton, ebc's suck.... if the car weighs over a ton they range from ok to great lol

Corsa Van. Meh.
Standard pads as already said.

My rear pads have been on last knocking's for about 20k and still have a bit of life left in them, and that includes 4 trackdays. That tells you how much they do.