ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UR Megane R26

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Well guys, after contemplating another M3 for a good few weeks and months, I decided to be semi-sensible and spread my option wings elsewhere as RWD in the winter along with the running costs and maintenance would have been silly to take on, especially with two little kids. So, after literally weeks of trying to persuade someone to sell a car that wasn't technically for sale, and having offers declined several times, I finally got what I wanted. Hell, I could well just end the thread by posting this build link:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?514558-Megane-R26

To say I'm happy with the car is an understatement; it's exactly what I expected and more. Beautiful looking colours contrasting so well with each other, a throaty, perfect exhaust note and an old friend - turbo spin. something I've missed since selling my WR1 a few years ago. Yeah, I'm very pleased. The drive home from Manchester was great, following my mate in his Evo FQ320 - coincidentally red with carbon spoiler and anthracite wheels. Pulling into the services just to fill up and both cars got a few eagle eyes. The raspy roar of the Evo and the boomy tone of the R26.

Spec:

32k miles
2008 Model
R26.R suspension
R26.R headlights with Phillips xtreme bulbs all round.
Performance Friction 330mm discs
DS2500 front pads
CL RC5+ rear pads
Goodrich braided line
Rbf600 fluid
Silver visions
Forge actuator
Short shifter
KTR/Milltek 2.75" system
Pace FMIC
ITG induction kit
Forge recirc
Custom stage 1 mapping
Samco hosing
Streamline carbon door pillars, mirrors, door badges
R26.R Carbon spoiler
Carbon door handles
Recaro Profi SPG seats
Schroth harnesses
Trimmed false floor
Alpine X100 head unit
Pioneer custom fit speakers
Ad08 tyres

It is impeccably maintained, having just had it's 5-year service at Renault so it's good for the next few years at least. Testament to Chris for all his work, it is much appreciated! :)

Few pictures, again courtesy of Chris as it was too dark to take any when I got back home:

6990509758_1c8a74527d_b.jpg

6990516550_cd08f0d20f_b.jpg

IMGP1925Large.jpg

IMGP1949Large.jpg

6250541489_135402aec4_b.jpg

6250467147_abe0115a13_b.jpg

IMGP15971600x1200.jpg

DSC028521600x1200.jpg

DSC028621600x1200.jpg

IMG_7083Custom-1.jpg

7388720454_d79ddd3b89_b.jpg

7388791696_03095be019_b.jpg

7388831386_07b147e547_b.jpg

The RB182 is still here, too. Such a brilliant little car, but it'll no doubt sell very soon. Had a lot of interest but waiting now on a guy at work who is trying to get the funds for it early this week. I'll miss it.

photo1-1.jpg

Sadly, it's not all a happy ending, as I will unfortunately be replacing the void in the back with the standard OEM seats. That may also mean the front Profi seats have to make way for a set of original Trendlines. Hopefully not, though, as these are very comfortable! :cool:

225 Cup & Williams
The New Motor

You've bought an absolute beauty there Scutch, if you ever decide to sell the wheels let me know ;)

Last edited:
  M135i and the shed
Re: The New Motor

Goodness that's a beauty. ;)

Glad you're pleased with it! That spec list is missing a fair bit. I'll right a complete list out some time for you.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Goodness that's a beauty. ;)

Glad you're pleased with it! That spec list is missing a fair bit. I'll right a complete list out some time for you.

Yes please do mate. Again, many thanks for finally agreeing to let the love fly away! :cool:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

How u gonna get the kids in the back of that? Such an awesome car, always been a favourite of mine.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

How u gonna get the kids in the back of that? Such an awesome car, always been a favourite of mine.

I've no idea yet. Standard bench is going back in tomorrow and the seats slide forward a bit but I think I'm going to have to replace the fronts with stock trendlines.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Love this car, Steve from Birchdown said its a peach!

M135i and the shed

Love this car, Steve from Birchdown said its a peach!

He should know. The upkeep of that car has contributed largely to Steve's pension. :D

Heartbreaking to let it go but It's no good having something like that just sat in the garage for 4 months between drives.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The New Motor

Actually h'amazing! I was never a massive fan of the wheels but they work so well and make it stand out from the other Meganes!

It's mint! Every picture i've seen it in it looks immaculate.

I remember you searching the planet for a White 26 a while back mate. This should fill the void.

I must be honest, seats wise I would keep the drivers seat and put a normal passenger seat in. Compromise. No way you can change that seat! Stunning!

Hope it put a smile on your face mate even if it's temporary! ;)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Actually h'amazing! I was never a massive fan of the wheels but they work so well and make it stand out from the other Meganes!

It's mint! Every picture i've seen it in it looks immaculate.

I remember you searching the planet for a White 26 a while back mate. This should fill the void.

I must be honest, seats wise I would keep the drivers seat and put a normal passenger seat in. Compromise. No way you can change that seat! Stunning!

Hope it put a smile on your face mate even if it's temporary! ;)

I said this to Chris about keeping the drivers seat, yes. Wonder if anyone wants the passenger seat for a stock trendline?!

340i

You've certainly got a good 'un there, Scutchy!

Easily one of the best r26's in the County, if not the world?!?!

It has been maintained to a limitless standard.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

great looking car.

On a side note i now know what my fn2 will look like with gloss black wheels...win.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

You've certainly got a good 'un there, Scutchy!

Easily one of the best r26's in the County, if not the world?!?!

It has been maintained to a limitless standard.

Cheers Gray. Have to agree with your final line, too.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

You got any plan for it Neil or keeping it as is?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

You got any plan for it Neil or keeping it as is?

There's nothing more I can do Mark. It's exactly how I'd want it. I will sadly need to have a rethink about the front seats and perhaps replace one with a standard Trendline but other than that, it's sorted. For now. Also got the RSTuner module with it as well.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

If you're putting the rear seats back in, keep the Recaro drivers seat and stick a Trendline in the passenger side, so you still have access.

Car is a cracker!!!!

Fancy PMing me how much you paid? I fancy a GW R26 next.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

Fantastic buy, it's in fantastic condition too. I remember it from an Evo Triangle meet last summer actually. Certainly has some pace.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

There's nothing more I can do Mark. It's exactly how I'd want it. I will sadly need to have a rethink about the front seats and perhaps replace one with a standard Trendline but other than that, it's sorted. For now. Also got the RSTuner module with it as well.

Yeah I guess your set with it tbh! Shame about the seats though, they look properly mint!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

If you're putting the rear seats back in, keep the Recaro drivers seat and stick a Trendline in the passenger side, so you still have access.

Car is a cracker!!!!

Fancy PMing me how much you paid? I fancy a GW R26 next.

Think I'm going down that route tbh Gaz, yeah.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The New Motor

Yeah you need to keep the drivers seat. I don't care if you use a bucket as the passenger seat! ;)

M135i and the shed

Best R26 around imho. Nigh on exactly what i would build if i had one.

Has Poobah just got the Ed35 now then?

Had the ED35 a year now Dave. It's the daily wagon though whereas the R26 was always the garage queen. :)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
The New Motor

FARKING AWESOME!

Well played on buying a car that wasn't for sale.

As others have said, keep the drivers seat and get a standard for a passenger.