ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UR Megane R26

M135i and the shed
Re: The New Motor

AD08's not being perhaps the ideal winter tyre choice. ;) Fairly hooked up on nice warm, dry tarmac though!

Mondeo TDCI 130

Very very nice car that! :) One of the car's i look forward to working on, it's always mint, no expense spared, the job is done right first time regardless of cost!, Chris also liked a natter etc aswell on drop off / delivery!

Look after it dude! :)

M135i and the shed

Very very nice car that! :) One of the car's i look forward to working on, it's always mint, no expense spared, the job is done right first time regardless of cost!, Chris also liked a natter etc aswell on drop off / delivery!

Look after it dude! :)

You never know Steve, I might be back with a different form of Renaultsport for you to work on. How are you with V6's? ;)

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

This has got to be one of the best R26's out there.

Let me know if you ever want to sell the alloys!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Know how you feel. It's a cracking wee car. Only done 38k miles and very little to no stone chips or marks on the paintwork.

Needs must, though.

Interested to know what the Megane would make on the rollers, 275bhp on standard map without mods, so with the FMIC and ITG induction kit now fitted it should bump that up to around 400bhp I'd have guessed...

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Stick it on JDM Dyno and ul be knockng in the door of 500 tbh!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Haha yeah. I can feel it's bloody powerful, that's for sure. It'll easily light the fronts. Weather doesn't help obviously.

M135i and the shed

Scutch - FYI, that RR result was before the Forge Re-Circ, KTR 2.75" Exhaust, Pace FMIC, ITG kit and all the various hoses. Probably make 275bhp now. ;)

To be honest, other than mapping, the Forge Recirc has given the best gains of any engine mod. A noticeable difference in how it held boost and power up the top of the rev range.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Scutch - FYI, that RR result was before the Forge Re-Circ, KTR 2.75" Exhaust, Pace FMIC, ITG kit and all the various hoses. Probably make 275bhp now. ;)

To be honest, other than mapping, the Forge Recirc has given the best gains of any engine mod. A noticeable difference in how it held boost and power up the top of the rev range.

Wow, didn't realise just the map itself on the standard car gave 273bhp. Bloody hell that's impressive. So now I have all those mods on top of that base? Christ. Is there any chance it could be close to 300bhp?

GW Stage 2 R26

280bhp is tops with the standard turbo isn't it?? Torque is a different matter though.. I'd budget for a new clutch..

M135i and the shed

280bhp is tops with the standard turbo isn't it?? Torque is a different matter though.. I'd budget for a new clutch..

Nope, it had a Stage 1.5 map that I had Paul do specially after the generic stage 1 run. Basically a map to maximise bhp but keep the torque at 300lb/ft or below. Clutch is safe, as are the rods hopefully. Seems to be mostly the big torque cars (320lb/ft+) that are lunching clutches and rods. Also worth pointing out that it's usually the DMF that fails rather than the friction material anyway.

A couple of people on Megsport have gone near the 290-300bhp mark on the standard turbo (MJ) but that's with a mix of mods and usually a decat in the mix. Personally I'd expect this one to be running a very healthy 280bhp and 300lb/ft with a very strong power and torque plot. There's more torque to come if required but I never wanted to mechanically push the car beyond what I saw as sensible limits hence I never went full Stage 2 with the mapping.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Yeah, good stuff Chris. I won't be touching the power output, certainly not yet anyway. I've given it a couple of quick spins but haven't held it down for longer than a few seconds. It's just too slippery up here at the moment. It does catch up to cars very quickly though, and the noises are incredible.

GW Stage 2 R26

Will still shorten the life of the clutch I'm sure! Mine has a stage 1 and 2 map on an RS tuning box. The stage 2 makes 333ftlb of torque.. And i never run it on this tbh. Apart from the fear of bent rods it does feel a bit too much for it..

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

Just seen the pics- fantastic car- love the spoiler as well.

Enjoy the beast!

S

M135i and the shed

Will still shorten the life of the clutch I'm sure! Mine has a stage 1 and 2 map on an RS tuning box. The stage 2 makes 333ftlb of torque.. And i never run it on this tbh. Apart from the fear of bent rods it does feel a bit too much for it..

Calculated risk with all tuning really? Just a given that tuning any car will, to some degree, shorten component life. The trick to getting it right is deciding how much you want to play the power/reliability game. Personally I always wanted it to be 100% OEM reliable so always considered 280bhp and 300lb/ft on the current set-up as the maximum I'd go to. Whenever I've been in a Stage 2 car I've always cringed at the amount of torque they chuck at standard rods and clutches. Just too much imo.

M135i and the shed

No need mate. I'm pretty much 100% confident that if you drive it like a normal human, don't treat every start like santa pod and don't sit in 6th at 700rpm giving it the beans then that clutch will last you for another 30k miles no problem. :)

The entire way in which I had Paul map the car and the components chosen was for OEM reliability with a mild increase in power. Stage 2 torque was only a £150 of mapping away but I always resisted. There's a reason for that! ;)

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

My clutch is fine after 2.5 years on a Stage 2 map with 333lbsft but I've probably got a couple of bent rods.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Some updated pics from my iPhone, which more than anything show just how miserable the weather has been since last year.

IMG_1835_zpsfbcbc43c.jpg

IMG_1833_zpse15df58e.jpg

IMG_1809_zps82010b87.jpg

IMG_1643_zps22c92a7b.jpg

IMG_1631_zps01b40456.jpg

IMG_1387_zps2e8bfc1f.jpg

IMG_1280_zpsf55d4d16.jpg

IMG_1279_zps06e0048f.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Looks lovely. Knowing nothing about Meganes. Are they standard wheels of some sort? I've only seen the multispokes..

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

Very nice mate definitely want to own one of these one once I decide to go up from the clios.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Pics dont work for me :(

Having briefly seen this car in person, it sounds incredible! Sits perfectly too

Looks lovely. Knowing nothing about Meganes. Are they standard wheels of some sort? I've only seen the multispokes..

R26r wheels

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The New Motor

Awesome! Needs some standard bullets and get the yellow fog film sorted!

Looking gooood though. I'd need a tad smaller front plate. Not crazy just looks really big for some reason!