ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

urBeats Headphones & iPhone

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
No, they will be better but not £80 better.

Does it have to be in ear?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
For flights, noise cancelling is a must (for me). Over ear are more comfortable, but bulkier and not great for walking when it's hot.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Beats are imo well marketed shite. Very bass boosted and overpriced.

Look at the Bose soundtrue, they have moulds too to help keep them in in the gym

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I also have the Goldrings above.

Amazing how much noise they cut out on a plane, pretty much all engine noise gone.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I've always loved Beats. I started with the Solo HD's but then upgraded to the studios.

The general consensus (which I agree with) is that the bass boost is insane. Very well engineered. However, they do lack the crisp/sharpness of competitors such as Bose and Sennheiser.

I've always liked my music very bassy and have never been too fussy on the pristine quality. I'm assuming these in-ears are the same as their over ears in that respect.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Marketed well and up against true opposition price wise they never come close.

It's weird as I would assume people buying Beats wouldn't be into headphones and they would research and test better. People who know headphones would never recommend beats.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
If you're spending 20 odd hours on flights, get some Bose QC's. Or other noise cancelling headphones.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Soundmagic E10 - £35 and sound amazing.

I had these, they were great but eventually the left one gave up (after 2-3 years of usage)

Replaced with these...

http://final-audio-design.com/en/archives/898

detail_main006_adagio-III.jpg

They're very good... however placement can be fiddly, you really need to spend 30 seconds getting it right every time you put them in which can be annoying. They also have a run-in time of about 100 hours.

Missus bought me some B&O headphones (on-ear) for Christmas but they were so tight they had to go back 😧 could only manage about 15 minutes. Going to replace them with these...

http://www.johnlewis.com/akg-y45bt-...256aee1&s_kwcid=402x366143&tmad=c&tmcampid=73

Don't suppose anyone's got any experience with them?

I have bose noise cancelling that i bought a few months ago i bought 2 pairs (of the new spec with the blue stripe on the cord) for £149 each

I also have a pair of Shure se310's that i have had for a good few years

In honesty the shures are brilliant and have a better overall sound quality (imho) but i have to admit for flights the bose are great
I have done 2 longhauls with them now and i am sold.

But i wont get rid of my Shures

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I have bose noise cancelling that i bought a few months ago i bought 2 pairs (of the new spec with the blue stripe on the cord) for £149 each

In honesty the shures are brilliant and have a better overall sound quality (imho) but i have to admit for flights the bose are great

Can you link the bose ones that you bought please?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Can you link the bose ones that you bought please?
Link please! Cheapest I can find is £180ish for a pair.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I use Bose QC15's for noise cancelling on planes (think QC25 is the newer version)
Use Shure SE215's for everyday (noise isolating IIRC)

Could have brought you some back $89 here but the h1 is hardley a decent headphone i have tried some

What you want is the h3 but then again thats compariblw to the bose

H1 is a 116i compared to the h3 M3 and thats physically trying them

Neither are as good as the new upgraded bose in ear qc20's

Depends what you compare them too

My mate runs a shop called hi end headphones he has in ear stuff that makes my shures sound weak. The sures i have are better than my bose

And if you want you can easy spend 2k on in ears but then are going to waste them if your not listening on a lossless portable player , and there goes another 2k plus