ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

urgent dashboard removal help!

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

i used the guide took out all the screws but thetre is something stopping it coming out.

all along the window it wont budge one bit, the front bit is lifted up and i now cant get it back in or out! so annoyed

any help please!!

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

i got that but its no where near as easy as it says.

pasenger side its jammed near the windscreen.. no screws to take out.

Polo + Micra

have you removed the a-pillar covers?

i followed the guide and found i had to remove them to get it out

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

yeah found that out mate straight away

its totally jammed in having to take a serious break beofre i smash it up.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

Did you buy the car brand new, cause someone could have done a rattle fix with glue or something.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

nope was brand new 4miles on clock.

i have now managed to get in back on, it slids forward but thats it the drivers side is fre its just the passenger airbag ares that is preventing it from coming off.

the clips abover the airbag is the problem but i cant see or get my hands in to find why... plus they hurt now with all the cuts.

Polo + Micra

yeah youve got to lift it up at the front then shove it towards the front of the car and it should then come out

if you can take the dash vent out this sholuld release the dash caught onthe air bag frame if that fails la trim tool pushed through vent and lift up with dash as far forward as it will go hope this helps they are a pain when they get stuck

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Yeah had the same problem with Big Gs car on Saturday, had to bang the dash back down and start again was caught at the back if teh airbag, patience is the only way Im afraid.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I tried this at the weekend. A real pain in the ass of a job. I gave up in the end as I ran out of time and I realised that if taking it off was bad then putting it back together was probabaly going to be even worse

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

yep had this before, just a case of having to put it back in place and start from scratch, it can be very annoying, just a case of trial and error to manouvre it off.

Hate to say it but mine came out in about 15 mins following the guide.

You have to make sure that you push it toward the FRONT of the car not the toward you, then lift the screen end to disengage the clips. After that it should slide toward you and then take it out the passenger door.