ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT - DRIVESHAFT

172 Cup
OK - A 30 min job has turned into hours.

Changing my nearside balljoint. I accidently pulled the driveshaft too far out when trying to put the new ball joint back into the hub. This has caused the inner boot to slip off the shaft and dump all my gearbox oil.

I have positioned it back into the box and it turns fine HOWEVER

When I turn the steering and try turning the wheel - it grinds as if the driveshaf is not fully in. I keep popping it out and putting it back in - again it feels right UNTIL the wheels are turned and then it grinds.

Any ideas? :/

172 Cup
After all that it was the ABS Ring - I must have knocked it and it was catching on top of the ball joint :lol :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
I did the same thing last night - working by flashlight FTL :star:
Just a quick question, do you need to replace your inner CV boot?

Everything went back in ok and the car is driving fine, and there was nothing dribbling under the car this-morning :)

Am I right to assume everything is alright?

www.renparts.co.uk
I did the same thing last night - working by flashlight FTL :star:
Just a quick question, do you need to replace your inner CV boot?

Everything went back in ok and the car is driving fine, and there was nothing dribbling under the car this-morning :)

Am I right to assume everything is alright?

yes should be fine, as long as nothing is leaking, there is a lip where the boot goes over so it should be secure.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Took it for a drive (few miles) yesterday evening when I got home from work and nothing dripping or leaking before/afterwards :)

Just need to clean off the rest of what did seep out