ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent help needed!!!

Clio 1.2 tce gt line
Help?! I have a clio mk3 tce and it did have a fully atmospheric valve. I recently found out that it's the wrong type of valve to have on it. Knowing this I have just taken it off and taken it for a little test drive and it's spinning the fronts like mad (clio power!) But in second gear it hits 3000 rpm then it like shuts down quick, dropping the nose then it's fine again. Its done it twice in a ten minute drive. What's going on?

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
You need the valve fitted at least until you get an original to replace it! Running without can cause excess boost pressure and if continually run can cause long term issues. So re-fit the valve ASAP.

You able to post a picture of the valve you have? As I'm guessing its a "dump valve" that regulates excess boost away from the turbo unit itself. As standard it would direct it towards the airbox, where as an atmospheric valve "dumps" it to the atmosphere, if it were to return towards the turbo itself it could cause turbo stall, as you've got air being forced back towards blades spinning in a direction that is the opposite to the way the air would try to travel back towards it. It's probably causing a sensor or something to detect something isn't right with it removed and therefor the cars behaving weird.

Clio 1.2 tce gt line
Thanks for this reply. The original is fitted. Your were right about the valve I've been told I need a recirculation variant that was the reasoning behind removing the atmospheric. Could it be a pressure sensor in the turbo?

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
I'm not all that clued up on modern turbo setups to be honest, but grew up with the old RS Turbo's, R5 GTT's etc...

Chances are yes, there will be a sensor that is detecting that too much excess air is in the system I expect, and will cause the ECU to cut the boost off to a safe level, which is what your experiencing when you have loads of acceleration and then the car nose dives as it's being electronically restricted.

Clio 1.2 tce gt line
I could but it started to spraying oil up on to the bonnet and I was told by ktec that it is the wrong valve and needs to be removed.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Spraying oil?! It shouldn't have that much oil going through it - otherwise it would point towards failed turbo seals. Have a look at your air box/filter and see if that's coated in oil or not.

PH2 172
Not sure why there would be any oil in the air filter box.
A dump valve will be positioned between the turbo & the throttle body, and if the turbo has blown, you won`t be able to see what`s following you in the rear view mirror.
Oil on the underside of the bonnet?
Check the filler cap is present & the dip stick fully home.

Clio 1.2 tce gt line
This was the state it was in then the atmospheric was installed.

Attachments

• 20170219_115231.jpg
    20170219_115231.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 20170219_115220.jpg
    20170219_115220.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 69

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
You sure that oils come from the valve?

I'd buy a recirc valve off eBay bud, and try that.