ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT HELP PLEASE

I got up this morning plugged in my iphone ( to charge it ) and it has wiped all my numbers.

My numbers were on windows address book ( the only way i know how to do it ) i have a back up on a memory stick , but it won't let me put the back up file into windows address back? ( ive not got a clue )

My phone has all my work numbers on ( about 500 ) and need to get it sorted ASAP.

Any help will be great

Thanks

Citroen DS3 DSport
You could try a restore from backup in iTunes and hopefully get your contacts back that way. All depends how it was configured and when you last synced with iTunes.

Last edited:
  BMW 330ci Clubsport
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=399338

Judging from the above you need to check to see if your contacts are in Windows Address Book. If they're not you need to load your backup file in Windows Address Book then sync your iPhone.
(The above is just an idea as I dont have an iPhone.. Neither have I ever used Windows Address Book or knew that is existed)

This link tells you how to backup and restore (You probably will need to know the restore bit) - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270670

It can't be done!!!!!

My wife set up a new outlook express account that must of overwriten ( unintentionally ) my windows address book ( iphone contacts ) so even tho we have the contacts backed up , because they have been overwriten on the computer they are of no use!

We either have to try and figure out how to port them over from my old Blackberry or put them in by hand ( again ) thus losing 6 weeks worth of new ( work ) numbers and contacts.

f**king bag of s**te!!!!!

Citroen DS3 DSport
If your iPhone has synced to a address book on the PC that is now empty then that explains why it has deleted everything.

Yep!

It's the fact that

A - setting up a Outlook Express email address ( for our company ) has taken upon it's self to overwrite ( without being asked ) windows address book.

B - because they are not on the computer anymore , our back up file is usless.

I don't know what to do about backing up your numbers/contacts ( the best place/method? ) , but what i do now know ( just spoke with support ) is if your computer crashes/gets a virus/need to do a system restore/loses data/ect your numbers/contacts will not be able to put back on your phone without reporting them from a old phone or inputting them by hand.......real cutting edge!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I've never needed to sync contacts with a PC it does it over the air.

You should be able to restore/import the address book you have on the memory stick, otherwise whats the point in backing it up??

BMW 330ci Clubsport
^ Like H182 said

Anyway, you want to store most of your contacts on your sim card rather than your phone surely? I dont think storing contacts on a phone is a good thing

You should be able to restore/import the address book you have on the memory stick, otherwise whats the point in backing it up??

Thats my point! you can't! even if you have em backed up on a memory stick , if your computer gets wiped and you lose your contacts , you won't be able to import them back to your computer/phone.