ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent Help!!

Cooksport Fleet
I have put GAZ coilovers from K-tec onto my trophy. The sach suspension was lowered by 30mm on KTEC springs. The GAZ coilovers were set higher than the trophy suspension was and was scrubbing. It does it on almost any lock applied. Anyone got any ideas? Will the GAZ be changing the camber or the castor?

Thanks!

TTRS & V50
Changing to coilovers will change the toe and camber yes. Shouldn't change the caster afaik cause it aint adjustable.

I have put GAZ coilovers from K-tec onto my trophy.

:nono::nono:

Why remove a damper that's been matched to the car and fit one of the cheapest (read poor) coil overs available.

Now if you'd fitted a set of race spec'd dampers i'd understand, and by that i don't mean the off the shelf stuff that places sell, i'm talking about dampers built to suit the car and your requirements.

Also when fitting coil overs you HAVE to get your car corner weighted and set up properly, if you don't then you won't have acheived anything other than lowering your car.

So in answer to your question, yes fitting the coilovers will alter your geom, and you need it setting up properly.