ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent Insurance Info.

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
With Highway at the moment through Adrian Flux. Insurance quote was £445 for my renewel.

After soem of the postings on here I'm thinking about finding a different company due to problems if you ever have to claim. Flux got me a quote with Equity Red Star for £445 (same as flux). Has any one been with Red Star, are they any good???? My renewel is Sat so I need to make my mind up soon.

Any info would be good.

Cheers

Glyn

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Yeah Flux seem good, but its Highway that aren't. They do have a couple of stupid t&c's like you have to have a cat 2 thatcham imobiliser, which you must prove was working at the time of any theft. How can you prove that???? lso don't like that the quote is £445 but the excess is £550.

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Cheers, did go on there but they don't do modded cars via email quotes. don't have time to phone at the moment. Did ask a friend at a brokers and he said that insurance companies didn't believe that I didn't get a power increase from my exhaust and induction kit. I explained that the exhaust has lost so much back pressure it has probably lost power rather than gain it. It just sounds good! The induction kit is right by the front grill and getting loads of hot air. The car feels a lot more sluggish than when i picked it up in standard mode!

My gripe with flux/Equity is the excess. If I did have an accident I couldn't afford to pay out £550 in one go. I have sent an email and said if they can get it down to £250-£300 I'll go with them. Tesco was £250 when I was with them in 2004-2005. Equity are part of the Lloyds TSB group apparantly so could be better than highway.

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Privilege were £339 and that's without mods. but does include legal and NCD protection. Excess is £250. I'll have to give them a call tomorrow.

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Got a bargain insurance deal in the end.

£393.75 with all mods declared, plus the next mod planning to do already covered. This also includes 3rd party driving of any other vehicle, NCB protection, and legal cover. Also happier to be back with Tesco rather than highway.

I paid for there full breakdown service as well and my final total is £462. This is about £40 cheaper than Adrian Flux could get(including the breakdown cover), plus I get a £40 cash back cheque in 6 weeks because of Tesco's insurance promotion for cutomers with club cards. They also reduced my XS from £550 to £400 compared with AF.

Turbo'd lude, Astra
I would try swiftcover.com as they had beeten my insurance with tescos by £200.

You will be surprised about how much they save you through being internet based only!