ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***URGENT*** Need a response tonight!

Hi all,

Ive just finished washing my car about 20 mins ago and when I went to get in to move it, I couldnt! The key fob wont unlock the doors! Does anybody know what the problem could be and how to fix it as Ive got to get to work tomorrow

Cheers,

Ben

The battery is fine. Its less than 12 months old. Plus, I havent been having any problems with starting it or anything. As for the spare key suggestion, I havent got one!

Mikec172,

I can open the doors using the key manually but the alarm will sound and the only way I will be able to kill it is to disconnect the battery, which I dont really want to have to do.

Could it be that somethings got wet and shorted...?

Cheers,

Ben

Volvo S60 T5

Just washed!

Look up inside the car at the infra red key reciever, see if you can pop it down, I recon its got a load of water in it from a leaky roof aireal.

Dry it out refit, should sort it if its that.

You will need to remove roof aireal later on and put a bit of sealer around the aireal, then refit to prevent any more water gettin in

You can silence the alarm from inside the engine bay, i beleive its by the battery somewhere...or is that the imobiliser, i dont have a car with it, so i dunno.

Looks complicated :cry:

Is it easy enough to do because I really dont want to have to take it to "rip off" Renault!

Cheers,

Ben

Volvo S60 T5

Easy to do, get yerself a flatblade screwdriver and use it to lever the IR reciever lens towards the back of the car, the lens will clip off, then you can prise out the rest of it, just be careful not to damage the circuit board.

Note: If you get the lens out and it looks all dry inside then it aint that!

i take it its a mk1 clio and its on standard alarm still? this happened to mine, basically as sh*t as it is if theres water gettin in the top u need the alarm ripped out and replaced with a new aftermarket one mate!

A well built VW

I had this problem with my mk2 clio jsut disconnected the battery had a cupa reconnected and bobs your uncle all working fine

Cheers for all the suggestions boys and girls.

Ill have to have a tinker when I get in from work. Right now, Ive gotta go and blag a lift off the old dear!

Cheers,

Ben

Hi all,

Just tried my key fob and its working again :confused:

I think I might have to change the battery in the remote. Does anybody know where I can get one from? Renault...? How much are they?

Cheers,

Ben