ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT PAINT HELP NEEDED!!!!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I was just jet washing the bugs off the front of the Trophy.. Sprayed over a stone chip. BANG.

A big peice of (lacquer?) flew off, leaving a matt red finish underneath it.

Wtf has happened and what can I do??
Absolutely gutted. :mad:

Thanks.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
utf-8BSU1HMDAwNTQtMjAxMDA1MjUtMTc1M.jpg

bloody hell! it'll need flatting and respraying. heard the warnings, but never seen it - blown a great patch of it away:dead:. was it a particularly powerful washer?

CLIO PH1 172
fuuuuck im not going too close with my jet wash ever again!! bad luck dude, looks like its going to need a respray though :(

monaco blue 172 ..
this happens when the basecoat is left to long before the laquer is sprayed on ... we call it " shelling off " at our place as its like an egg shell coming off a boiled egg lol .... . as above its a respray job unfortunately

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
^this.

Just been down to the body shop. He said when theres been a front end respray in the past (previous owner), the paint on the bonnet has dried quicker than the bumper (metal vs plastic).
So the bumper looks fine but the bonnet is fucked. All needs stripping off because the paint is quite thick, too much to flat down and blend in. Respray.

Tyres will have to wait. Deep joy.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Won't cost you that much to have that fixed mate. I was quoted £60 for a blend in on one of my panels that had a bit of a blemish. No biggy!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
As i said, too thick to blend properly.
Few hundred to strip down completely and respray. I don't trust these quick repair places... theres only one guy i trust with paint.. he does things properly.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Ahh sorry man, I must have missed that post :eek:

Unlucky either way, at least this time it will be done properly.

What a shitter mate.
I hope you get a decent job done to it reasonably cheap and "Stay away from Jetwashes in future"

Hand wash and rinse with hose FTW ;)

alien green rs133
we had a car a few years ago, it got scrapped but when we still had it for sale, i managed to take all the laquer off the bonnet in litrally one sweep :D

I used to work in a valeting place (one of the foamwash places) and I witnessed many cases of customers lacquer being stripped off. The lances were ridiculously powerful there, so I chose to ask the customer if I could sponge their car first in order to prevent me having to go too close with the lance to get the dirt off. Many customers said yes, but with the few that refused I had to prey to god that the paint stayed on the car. Especially in summer when the flies are welded onto the front end.

ouch, I'm never going close to a stone chip again, I've got an old corsa that my brother wraps in different colours (its been black, white Half Black/White currently Orange) the last time we took of the half black/white it pealed some of the lacquer off, not looking forward to talking to orange off

Clio TCe + Corsa VXR
Jet washing cars FTL. Anyone who thinks cars are supposed to have 10 bar + water pressure blasted at them will inevitable learn the hard way.