ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT - Please Help (Mk1 172)

I am stuffed as Renault have told me that my centre section and backbox are rusted to hell.

The sum of all parts required to replace these is ~£500 excluding labour.

I said I will get a custom (powerflow etc) exhaust made but Powerflow say they need renault exhaust mounts, and renault say their exhaust mounts wont fit a custom system.

Basically I am looking for a Mk1 172 centre section and rear box. Has anyone replaced their exhaust and kept these parts?

I realise that this should be in the WANTED section but I thought more people would see it here and its pretty urgent

My car is an import (dunno if this changes the exhaust system) and I can provide chassis number details if this is specific to the exhaust.

Thanks for any help guys

Ad

MK2 FRS

Wot about gettinga magnex or an aftermarket as opposed to a custom made. Will still be cheaper and better quality than the renault job.

1.4 Fiesta!!!

Quote: Originally posted by George16v on 31 March 2004

Mate I got a scorpion 4" system which ran from the cat back. Uses all the original mounts so there is no need to change them, Was also under £500, Is a straight swophttp://www.boltlightning.co.uk/lemanstrip/images/Y1164.jpg
Mate, you should get those bump strips on the sides colour coded. It would make a lot of difference. Nice motor by the way!!

As for the exhaust thing...the exact same thing happened to my mk1 172 at the weekend. Quite a common fault Ive heard. Ive decided to get a standard back box put back on as Im thinking of selling the 172 soon. But if I wasnt then Id probably get a Magnex or Scorpion system put on.

By the way £500 is a total rip off, they tried that one on me. My mate works for Renault in the service centre and hes got me the parts for £170. I have another mate at an independant garage thats going to fit the exhaust for £32. £202 fitted, not bad at all...

Theres always a cheaper way, never go with your first offer, look around.

Suzuki SV1000S

yeah Quickfit,lol

I am going to colour code them matey, But looking for some Silver MK2 ones just to be different.

As for Exhaust, If your going for after market one, Just would like to say that I went for the scorpion one because the actual box is hidden (like above) unlike the magnex - Choose wisely, some I v loud