ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

urgent rear calliper locked on

1.8 16v, Iceberg ph1 172
tried to leave this morning and my handbrake wouldnt release until i revved hard, then i had a juddering and when i next used the brakes the locked on the rear pass side to the point i ended up dragging my rear wheel along. so i returned home by which point (less than 1/4 mile) my calliper was smoking like a good un. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Dom

1.8 16v, Iceberg ph1 172
Yes i did wonder that because it didnt seem quite right when i let it off,. would that explain why it wouldnt release after using the foot brake?

1.8 16v, Iceberg ph1 172
ok so ive had a look and its quite odd, the inner pad has worn down to the metal on the top side but has remained near to full thickness on the bottom. i presume this is because the slider bits the pad runs on need a good clean up

1.8 16v, Iceberg ph1 172
All sorted now, the friction material had come away from the pad! New pads and problem solved, The amount of smoke coming from my wheel was quite shocking