ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent sunday worker help needed - Airbag wiring

FF 182 Sport
Hi all

Just fitted a 172 leather/alcantara interior in my 1.2 all in except one issue - it looks like renault may have previously butchered the wires under my drivers seat and the seat i bought has a clip on it - i just have wires - i need someone to help me out and let me know which colour wires go into which part of the clip? i know 2 of them but its the 2 brown and 2 blue ones i cant do - dont want to deploy the airbag!

Basically as the wire comes from your loom i need a decent pic of what colour wires go into where on the clip (should be 6) not on the seat side - the loom side

Im off out for an hour now but if anyone could help i owe you big time - im sure its a 2 minute job to help out a new member

Oh its phase 2 mk 2 with airbags in seats obviously

Oh and also the other clip (3 wires) is OK

Heres a poor pic of what i have

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 84
  FF 182 Sport
heres an edited pic

oh and sorry if its in the wrong section i thought as i dont want to turn my car on without wiring first id stick it in general...

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 83
  Mondeo STTDCI
Erm...

If you dont have clips and just have wires, then it sounds like it has had a Renault tech fix wherreby the wires would come loose so when it went it for it Renault would cut and shut the wires to remove the dodgy clips.

To place this interior in the car you will either need to solder the 172 interior wires to your cars wires or get hold of the other half of the clip you are missing (I think).

Oh - disconnect the battery before f**king about with it.

And if all else fails trial and error to make the airbag light go out....you shouldnt fire the airbag.

FF 182 Sport
Hi Da

Yes - please turned it on now so ive got airbaag/service warning, but hopefully these will clear when new wiring is done - ill solder the new wiring in - not an issue - just need to get a photo or diagram

Da could you make a note of which colours are to which bit of clip too

cheers

Scott

FF 182 Sport
well i looked at these pics and worked out the wiring pattern, plugged it all back in and rewired the 6 odd wires, serv and airbag light still on!! gutted!

should these just dissapear or do i need it removed by renault?

Clio RS
Even if you connected everything right the airbag light might stay on... A lot of Clio's have same issue with airbag wiring under the seats...

I have used some contact spray and cleaned up the contacts and everything still works...

Take care...

3 Series touring
anubody know what the black wire on the far right connector in picture 3 above goes?? its th eonly one i havent got wired up :( (i.e is it a ground or something)