ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent V5 question

Arctic 182
Im currently selling the car and have someone lined up for a viewing tomorrow night, however ive gone through all the paperwork tonight and realised the v5 from the previous owner has been filled in with my details, but not sent off to the dvla, i also have the green new keepers slip, kept blank. i bought it from a dealer and the yellow dealers slip is not present. would it be possible to tip ex out my details from the form and write the new keepers details on the form ? or do i have to ring the dvla and notify them straight away ? if i still have both the little green slip and the actual form where the new keepers information is entered, does this technically mean im not even the owner of the car ?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
dealer = ****

Should never give the V5 to the new owner -

TBH you MAY be alright in terms of tipexing it out- However how are you going to then prove its yours- seeing as the front will say the old persons address-

technically you cant sell the car-

S

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
I'd say no to the tippex, I think you'll need to send it off as it is then fill in the replacement.

Explain the situation to the guy & show him the V5 to show you're not bulsh*tting & see if he's happy to continue, the V5 doesn't have anything to do with ownership of the car as such, it's merely to show who's legally responsible for taxing the car & who to contact for any legal matters regarding the car ie parking/speeding tickets etc

The receipt is what you'll need to prove you bought it from the person named on the V5 ;)

Suzuki Ignis
I had the same kinda thing when buying a car once, phoned up DVLA about tippexing out some details and they said it was fine.

2004 iceberg 172
I've tippexed a v5 document before and sent it off, was sent to the new owner with no problems so you should be fine

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Tipex is fine, just fill it out correctly and send it off. Make sure you do it properly.

Clio 172 Cup
As stated the dealer you bought from should have sent it off, but as they didn't, you will be fine Tippexing it and adding the correct details, I have done this many times whilst in the trade without issues. The new keeper will get the green temporary part as they should so all is well ;)