ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent Valver Help!!

clio 20v

mine has one broken mount and a knacked bush probably been like that since i bought it only noticed when i jacked it up

getin it fixed nxt week, its ok to drive it as its sits in its place ok

i snapped one, didnt notice much differnce before and after replacing it, an ARB bush is noirmaly a very easy thing to change but renault engineers in thier infinite wisdom decided they wouldnt leave the tead long enough so you really need to compress the bush (not easy due to loacation) i magaed it by two of us, one one with a massive pair of adjusable grips compressing it all and then me trying to thread the nut on a couple of turns, with a proper clamping device it would be easy enough,

do it sooner rather than later though

Funny you mention this as its been on my mind lately. My passenger side drop link is snapped. Couldnt locate a new bolt for it, although bushes are easy to locate. Went to renault dealer who said they were crap and always snap, and to replace it with a hi-tensile steel bolt. However in the end, have ordered one from rally design catalogue that was in this months CCC mag. Theres a picture of it in the catalogue, and it includes a new bolt, as well as the bushes. In there you can buy all the seperate bushes for front of clio 16v individually, as well as other goodies. Speaking of which thought of ordering an OMP steel strut brace, which claims needs modifications to fit. I realise what they mean is that something has to moved in the engine bay to allow it to fit, anybody done this, what needs moved and how much hassle, cheers