ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

US PS3 working in the UK

Black 172 MK2
any one got a US PS3 as im thinking of getting one as they are alot cheaper but im abit worried about it working at home etc. Im guessing i would need a power inverter thingy.

Question for anyone who has got one, do they work on UK HD tvs and do they work on UK non-HD tvs also are there any known problems?

cheers

brad

P.S is 60 gig enough or should i look at the 80gb?

Oil Burner
what about thins like inport duty? They have recently really sharpened up on this? Did you get caught? Do they 'gift wrap' it?

Yeah it works fine, bought mine from Canada whilst on holiay earlier this year, they have universal PSUs so can just stick a UK kettle lead in the back and it'll work fine, will also work perfectly well on your HDTV. The only downside is being region 1/region A is that you'll only be able to play American DVDs/Blu Rays, but so far all games I've bought have worked UK and US.

Black 172 MK2
cool so will it work on a UK non HD tv? Also the games on play etc seem to say 'will only work on UK spec PAL' but i thought the games are region FREE?

How big are game files ie how long will 60gig last?