ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

USB Camera crashing my computer

Hey people

I have a canon ixus 50 and as soon as a connect it to the computer via the data cable my computer freezes. I cant even open windows task manager so am forced to turn the computer off.....

Any ideas? its nothing to do with the software BTW.

Sounds like it might be tripping the polyfuse on the motherboard - this fuse may also cover the keyboard and mouse making it appear that the system has crashed.

Do the keyboard lights stay on (caps lock etc) after you connect the camera??

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
Sometimes you get a device that just doesn't work with your USB controller and can cause all sorts of wierd stuff. What kind of motherboard do you have? Are you able to try an add in USB card?

Punto/Clio GTT
same happened with my digi cam when i tried to retrieve the pictures from the on board memory.

bought an sd card reader and now its perfect

RenaultSport Clio 172 CUP
mm maybe the cam is faultly some how an is causing a power surge.. or somthing? :) i had that once an pc froze..

yeah i have latest software... works on my work pc fine!!! not to worry... i have a usb card ready now which is quicker and easier than the cable!