ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

USB headunit?

This is probably a really stupid question, but with a usb port in the front of a headunit, can you put the ipod cable in (the one you use on your computer), connect the ipod and play music? If so would it also charge the ipod?

W

Willy

Hiya.

Yep, all USB headunits I have used have played and charged my music. Although, with USB you will have to control the ipod via the headunit, if it is not Ipod compatiable then it will usually just play random songs or shuffle :)

ah cool, does anyone know if theres a difference in sound quality between an ipod attached via an auxiliary port or an ipod attached via a direct ipod connection (one which will charge it etc)?

145db Euro'd clio
aux port wont charge and you only get headphone quality music, which means that when you turn it up it will become distorted. When connected by usb it will charge it while giving you perfect quality music that will stay crisp and clear through out the volume ranges. if your looking for a usb headunit. the Pioneer deh-p7000 is brilliant the usb port is on the back with an extendable lead which means that your ipod sits out of view in the glovebox etc

W

Willy

I'm sure someone else can help spread some light on that but they I think aux will give you a worst sound than USB, as thats like a headphone jack??. Also USB will charge, aux wont :)