ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Used Camera Advice

SchwepTek™
I'm looking to get into photography and my mate is selling his Canon EOS 400d. It comes with a 17-55mm lens as standard, i believe most of them do anyway. Just wondered if there is anything i should be checking and also a rough price of how much i should be paying.

Cheers

P.S. UKASKEW - i have been reading all your threads and they have been very helpful. I will definitely be going through them when i have the camera. A brief guide on filters/lenses/etc would be great ;)

£399.99 new. From what I have read the standard lens on the 400d is pretty poor so budget for an upgrade.

Or if in doubt buy my D40 ;)

Try and find out what IMG_number he is on, if he's had 1 camera and 1 card it should indicate roughly how many actuations the shutter has done. Aside from that try and take a few test shots, see if the focus is accurate etc.

If you want to save a bundle the 350D will be very cheap with the 450D on the way out...

Try and find out what IMG_number he is on, if he's had 1 camera and 1 card it should indicate roughly how many actuations the shutter has done. Aside from that try and take a few test shots, see if the focus is accurate etc.

If you want to save a bundle the 350D will be very cheap with the 450D on the way out...

I think it says on the EXIF data how many pics, Im sure someone on here said it does anyway..

Nah you gotta buy a 1 Series to get that kind of info from the camera, the only way to track it on the entry level stuff is for a Canon tech to find out or to keep the IMG numbers in order..

LiquidPhoto.co.uk
only counts to 9999 tho, then goes back to 0001

mines been round the clock five times now!

Nah you gotta buy a 1 Series to get that kind of info from the camera, the only way to track it on the entry level stuff is for a Canon tech to find out or to keep the IMG numbers in order..

Had a look into this and entry level Nikon stuff has all the info available, just checked my D50 (my second copy, first one broke) and it's on 25,830, that's in pretty much exactly 12 months. Seems accurate as I'm on IMG_5746, obviously it cycles round after 9999.

So if any Nikon users are interested...

http://drchung.new21.net/previewextractor/

Handy little tool.

SchwepTek™
Ok so buying my mates 400d next week. Anything i should check other than picture number as i wouldnt know how many it should have taken anyway. Also can someone give me a rough price i should be paying for the camera with kit lense fully boxed and including the battery pack thing that clips on the bottom.

Thanks. :)