ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using a PS3 and BT Home Hub

RB 182, 1275GT
Hi Everyone,

I am having a nightmare with my PS3 and home hub at the minute. Basically I can play online fine etc but if I want to host a private game or join a friends game it won't work and I get the get the message 'Could not connect to host'.

Done some Googling and found it seems to be a common problem amongst Home Hub users. There are a few guides on the web about port forwarding, setting static IP's, disabling and re-enabling uPNP etc - I have tried them all and I still can't sort the problem. The only thing I haven't tried is using a wired connection to my Home hub but because of the telephone port location it's just too far to run a really long cable through about 4 rooms.

A bit of a long shot but does anyone on here have any ideas? dk? McBunny?

Pulling my hair out as I bought a PS3 earlier this week so I could play my mates on COD:WOW yet I can't join their games :(

A couple of years ago I had a similar issue with my Xbox360 but it fixed itself somehow. I am tempted to go out and buy a new router but only want to do that as a last resort.

Thanks in advance

James

Megane Mk4
Never had any problems with mine, but then I don't online play that much..
Have you tried a wired connection just to see if you get the same error?

btw, I've got the Hub v2

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Too many.
Ps3 + Homehub = Instant fail

Internet + Homehub = instant fail.

Tbh, they are the worst thing to happen to internet since 2 girls 1 cup.

My one has this lovely habbit of kicking the PusSy3 off the network (thats if it decides to let it on) also if i start uploading 99.9% of the time it crashes! Its OKAY with the xbox but far from good!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Hmm, I have been using a home hub since they were first introduced, both with a 360 and ps3.

I did have to add a couple of ports for each to host games, was the only thing I couldn't seem to do but once I had added those I had no issues. There are some generic ports and then depending on the game maybe a game related port.

You definitely shouldn't have issues connecting with the homehib once these ports have been added in the application I think from memory.

Not got it anymore though to check sorry.