ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Using personal hotspot for PS4

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Not really sure if this is phone or console related.

Occasionally, I will hotspot my phone and connect to my console when downloading updates, as my 4G is much faster than my wifi. However, a lot of the time it will fail on the connection test at the 'Obtain IP' stage. It normally fixes this when I disconnect and then reconnect.

The problem is the connection just drops out. It will fly through downloading an update but after 2GB or so, the download just freezes and I have to restart the console and phone for it to connect again and continue the download. So i basically have to keep doing this if I want to download something quicker. Phone signal is good and when I'm downloading anything, i just leave the phone sat there, no other apps open etc.

Has anyone else had this issue? Looking online people say to just restart the console, but surely there must be a fix for this.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
It could possibly be something to do with the mobile network, they might stop tethering when it’s a large amount of data.

Like some do with phone calls cutting off after a certain amount of time.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
It could possibly be something to do with the mobile network, they might stop tethering when it’s a large amount of data.

Like some do with phone calls cutting off after a certain amount of time.
It's just happened again, LOL.

Every time it freezes and I test it, its the IP that fails. Restart the console and it works again, for about 10 minutes. Really f**king annoying,

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
On your phone, get your IP address, you can just open a browser and google what is my ip, Google or the any of the website results will tell you it.

Once you have it, on a different device, preferably a PC, setup a constant ping to that IP address you just got. If you've got a windows PC it'll be:
Open Command Prompt
Type: ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -t
Hit enter.

Then do the PS4 download, and see if when the download fails, the continuous pings drop.