ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Using WinSCP to connect with OpenSSH...

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'm trying to set up WinSCP to connect with my iphone via OpenSSH.

I've entered my iphone's IP address as well as the default username and password (root & alpine) and it connects fine.

However, I then try to navigate to my "Themes" folder to drop some themes in and it just idles and doesn't seem to find anything.

Any ideas? I've tried leaving it for ages and aborting and trying again, but no luck...

BMW E46 330i Touring
The message I get popping up is:

Host is not communicating for more than 15 seconds. Still waiting... Warning: Aborting this operation will close connection!

I'm just thinking... is it becausemy username is 'root'. Do I need an alternative username and password to access folders further down the iphone?

Bux

Golf GTD
Have you set your phone to not lock itself? If the phone is locked then it cannot access the folders.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yeah, changed it to 'never'.

I've used Blackra1n to jailbreak my phone, but I'm just wondering if WinSCP recognises this as being jailbroken? It seems that I can't access the private / var folders if the phone isn't jailbroken...?

Bux

Golf GTD
My phone is jailbroken with Blackra1n too but ive never had that problem. No idea how else to fix it.. hmm

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Have you got SSH turned on on the phone? you need an app for it off cydia, well i have an app that allows you to turn it on and off anyway, can't remember what its called tho lol.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Sorry chaps, I've had to put this on the backburner as my PC has now got the blue "reboot" screen of death! I've taken the opportunity to buy the Windows 7 upgrade and reinstall... gutted.

As for this. Yeah, I've got SBSettings. I'll try searching for that driver in Cydia. If that doesn't work I'll try that file transfer program.