ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UV Friendly HIDs

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
Apart from the Philips HID kits, has anyone else seen any other UV friendly ones?

Those of you running aftermarket HIDs non UV friendly, did you notice any damage on the lense?

TA

Didn't think Philips made hid's , they are Chinese copie's so I was led to believe , I had a set that I thought were Philips ! A friend later spoke to Philips them selves and they claimed they don't make hid headlights !! Google it !! I thought all hid headlights were illegal unless they are going through a projector lens !! :S

Last edited:
Didn't think Philips made hid's , they are Chinese copie's so I was led to believe , I had a set that I thought were Philips ! A friend later spoke to Philips them selves and they claimed they don't make hid headlights !! Google it !! I thought all hid headlights were illegal unless they are going through a projector lens !! :S

Not illegal. Just won't pass the MOT

It's a grey area

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
Ahhh i see then.

Well, either way, i think i will go for a cheapish kit either way.

Has anyone made a comparison of the operating temperature Of Halogen and HIDs?

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
well i have hids on mine and theyve passed the mot twice haha, saying that i was told by the fella who does mine that he only checks the important vital stuff haha