ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V-maxx

Renault Clio 182 BG
Im guessing im not the first person with this problem, i posted pictures on Cllio sport owners club facebook yesterday and got a good reply but just thought there might be a wider spectrum on here.
Recently bought a Clio 182 half done track car, stated in the advert it was 'lowered on coilovers' which normally means to me the coilovers fitted are not a brand make to shout about.
Anyways since owning it i haven't really given it a proper drive on some decent roads, however i did the other night. A road i know well and the 172 Cup with K-tec coilovers on handled just fine but the 182 bottomed out under conditions i would not really consider extreme enough to even get close to using a whole travel of the suspension.
Upon looking underneath i found the rear spring was sat on with about 3 coils one on top of the other. Hence why it bottomed out as i mostly have about over 50% of the travel taken away.
image1%201_zpssf31l9ai.jpg

image2%201_zpsxpd0jbch.jpg

Sorry for the poor pictures!
Is this how they actually come? Both sides are the same, or is it shoddy fitting?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Just looked at my rear suspension as I was curious as the shocks looked the same
eLaE8sP.jpg

Not sure if I have the adjuster in the wrong place after seeing yours. this is my spring anyway.

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
I think the adjuster on them billies could be on the wrong side. I've never known adjustment from the top!

As for the OP that's absolutely shocking. Cheap or not cheap they still shouldn't be doing that. The thing is for another £200 you can get some billies so vmax aren't that cheap really

Renault Clio 182 BG
That's what I thought, £460 I think from them direct. That's not cheap. My K-tecs were around the £350 mark, I never had high hopes for them but they were not bad and would put the V-Maxx's to shame.

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
No that isn't cheap! It's not expensive but I consider stuff like JOM cheap at like £180.

Yeah I run a Clio with the ktecs on and for the money they did the job. Depends what you want really but I think BC's are the way forward. They cater for a range. Track slags, them who drive with the wheel in the arch, camber boys and the rest and they don't even cost an arm and a leg

Renault Clio 182 BG
Best coil overs I had were KW's they were on my vRS though I don't know how they suit Clio's
Some makes work wonders for one car but not another.
Either way, they have to come off! Even if I put OEM back on

Renault Clio 182 BG
Mine just seems to crash over everything then skip round corners. Thankfully I bought it as a working project so I'm not too bothered.

Sullii94

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo
My AP Coilovers are the same, are the rear springs actually meant to be coilbound?
I thought mine were broken at first :smile::down: