ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

v-tec pics...

Not got a car
I cant see the fuss, My mates got a CTR and its poo, it just makes loads on noise and sound like its going to fall and rattle to bits. But then thats what he likes just like i like my clio. Not comparing them to anything Just over rated. Like said you hear people say Oh what a kick when the vtec comes in? what kick? i was exspecting a real jolt but there wasnt anyting. ITs not a turbo ffs

As father and son....
DC5 kicks a lot more than the CTR :)

JUst for the record as well AEM V2 sucks, or rather sucks hot air :dead:

The DC5 DOES kick alot harder than the UKDM EP3's due to different cams.
It feels alot different.

AEM is a cheap induction kit for the EP3 for a reason. Save up & buy a Gruppe M. Worth every penny.

nothing wrong with the long arm AEM v1 , spend 15 quid and get the hydroshield, been driving mine in horrendous conditions with a v1 on and absolutely no problem. Decent £100 spent

RB 182 with CUP packs
nothing wrong with the long arm AEM v1 , spend 15 quid and get the hydroshield, been driving mine in horrendous conditions with a v1 on and absolutely no problem. Decent £100 spent

Not bad if your on a budget, but Gruppe M is the ultimate off the shelf induction solution.

LOL at this thread and the introspective comments.

Some people on here just don't appreciate other car brands (and vice versa on the CTR forums). I think your mate's CTR is f**ked mate if it's sounding like it's going to rattle to bits. As Chris says, it's a different class of car. Most people accept that when you buy a quick Clio it's going to rattle and that things will go wrong, but that's just something you put up with when buying the best small hot hatch :). Me? I couldn't live with the problems my 172 had - my CTR is still bloody good fun but in terms or rattleness/reliability (so far lol) it just can't be compared :approve:.

Hotshot: AEM v1, forgot the name of that! It's great for what it is especially compared to the cost of a Gruppe M :eek:

Honda Civic Type R
i can't resist any longer, i've gotta put my bit in here. the vtec kick in a CTR is 100% without doubt, unquestionably more prominent than in a clio. FACT. for those who don't think so, maybe they've been in one that was either not warmed up, low on oil, or just shagged.

my car has k-pro and although now the power delivery is a lot smoother and the vtec less aggresive, it is still more of a kick than any 172/182 i've driven. there is a little trick to it though. on a standard engine the vtec kicks in at around 5800rpm. however just before this the torque drops off rapidly as the low profile cam starts to reach the end of it's run. so what you feel is a rapid drop and then rise in torque, hence the kick. then straight after that the torque dies away too on the high cam and it's just power all the way to 8k+ rpm. these engines aren't great in the torque department as we all know. they make peak torque at a high rpm and only stay at peak for a short period of time. the real beauty of these engines is there ability to rev freely and hence keep it in the power band when you want to really push on.

anyway theres definitley more kick but unfortunately itsfelt more because the torque actually drops before it rises again so it's kind of a false feeling. if you don't get what i mean seek out a dyno graph of a standard k20a2 engine.