ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V12evo's or pe2's?

TT 225+
It's MOT time for me in feb and I'm going to need four new tyres, I currently have t1r's on the front and eagle f1's on the rear, I do quite a few miles so I'm after something comfy (low noise) and that will last a reasonable amount of time, new t1r's lasted 9 months so I want something that will last a bit longer.

I am after some advice from guys who have used both really, are pe2's really worth the extra wedge? Open to other suggestions too :) thanks

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
9 Months? What the f**k are you doing with them?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I can't fault PE2s (if you can get them!).. the jury is still out on PS3s.
I'd quie like to try V12s in the summer though..

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry didn't realise you did that kind of mileage! :eek:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
You find it harder to get PE2's anymore, they're discontinued.

I have a full set of Pilot Sport 3's on now, and they're epic! Same as a PE2, but better in the wet and quieter.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If they were the same price, I'd go for the v12's. Given that they're cheaper, it's a no brainer.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

I have a full set of Pilot Sport 3's on now, and they're epic! Same as a PE2, but better in the wet and quieter.
Any comments on the supposedly squidgy sidewalls? I have a pair on the back but its quite hard to tell the difference.

Artic Blue 182 FF
I have a new set of PEs'2 at the rear and a brand new set of V12 EVO's on the front just before xmas. So far very impressed. With the epic amount of rain we seem to be getting at the moment the EVO's seem to be dealing with it a little better than the old PE2's did and for the price its a definite win. Cant really comment on mileage but noise is relatively low and a lot more comfortable on long drives. So if you are covering some longish mileage id certainly recommend.

TT 225+

Do you know If you can get them in 15"? I can't seem to find them, pe2's I can get hold of :)

Sorry didn't realise you did that kind of mileage! :eek:

Lol no worries mate :)

I have a new set of PEs'2 at the rear and a brand new set of V12 EVO's on the front just before xmas. So far very impressed. With the epic amount of rain we seem to be getting at the moment the EVO's seem to be dealing with it a little better than the old PE2's did and for the price its a definite win. Cant really comment on mileage but noise is relatively low and a lot more comfortable on long drives. So if you are covering some longish mileage id certainly recommend.

Very interesting, I know a lot of people on here really rate them, I'm not sure how they will last though? Anyone been through a set?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm running these... Treemanx :eek:

gsd3.jpg

I actually thought they were discontinued but they're still selling them... 225/40/17... FML!

Not a 320d
I'm running these... Treemanx :eek:

gsd3.jpg

I actually thought they were discontinued but they're still selling them... 225/40/17... FML!

PMSL, I had a look at the new Pocus RS tyre price. I nearly shat myself!!! Heres me thinking I can run one in 2 year time.

Just had some V12's fitted on my GT, much quieter than the Pilot Primacys i had on, went for a wider 205.45.16 profile. They grip really well, but seem to let go sooner than my old pilots. The pilots i had did a lot of faffing about though and i never really knew when they were going to let go, lot of jumpiness and s**t feeling through the steering rack. The V12's feel great but im still playing about with tyre pressures.

Fiesta ST-2
Think we'll all be forced into buying diesels by then gally £2.50 per litre for a guess. You can buy your pocus for detailing maybe?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Think we'll all be forced into buying diesels by then gally £2.50 per litre for a guess. You can buy your pocus for detailing maybe?
I'm not too bad with the miles I do but still my ideas of running an RS are a bit crazy just now. It's one of only a handful I can see me moving from the FRP for, truth by the way.

I couldn't believe the size of tyres on the Puma when I bought it ffs! They cost a fortune!

At least I only have to buy 2 F1's now instead of 4 new tyres. I thought the eagles were discontinued was going to go for 4 sport contact 3's like the RS wears. I hate having mismatched tyres so i'll just keep replacing the front ones until the back ones are fecked then buy something else.

I get around 30/40% of tyres through my work so we'll see.

Oh the Focus is for detailing only. :eek: I don't even like Turbo'd cars that much.

Fiesta ST-2
I'm kinda regretting not having the FRP experience, I could have done it and bought a 182 after a few years with money to spare. 182's go for peanuts these days :(

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Goodyear F1's not good on a clio sport IMO. tramline hunt for camber and are to soft walled. Lasted 3 months only. If you run a decent suspension set-up.

Michelins are a much better tyre.

Goodyear F1's not good on a clio sport IMO. tramline hunt for camber and are to soft walled. Lasted 3 months only. If you run a decent suspension set-up.

Michelins are a much better tyre.

agree on the statement about the F1's.. worn mine out n only had the car 3 months n they got put on not 2 long b4 i bought and also i have covered 8k miles but yea they are over priced for wat they are