ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

v6 255 or vx220 turbo

as above looking at either of the two just cant decide on which one.
wont be a daily drive as i'm working in holland from january so running costs etc wont be a problem.
what doe's everyone think??

182 FF
Drove the VXR220 and was well impressed, but i'm not in a situation to compare to the 255

i drove a VX220 the other day (test drive from vauxhall) and was amazed.

so, the VX gets my vote, but the NA version not the turbo.

Clio 172 Mk2
Really difficult choice this one.

If I needed to use the car as my one and only daily car, then the Clio V6 would be my choice. But if you have it as a luxury item (as you) then VXT.

Nissan 350Z
As much as i respect the clio v6, it would have to be the VXT for me too. Neither car is practical, and the VXT is almost the cheapest route to supercar performance.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
V6 easily! The vx220 i think looks to tacky and plasticy, the V6 is an amazing car!!!

Clio 172 Mk2
Just found the Top gear reviews for both cars -

VX220 HERE
Clio V6 HERE

The VX220 is clearly the quicker car, especially on the track. The VX220 is also a purer drive - handling and feel up there with the best in the world. But for some reason, personally Id prefer the V6 - its a real car as opposed to the VX220 which is more of a pure racing car like a Caterham - too much of a gokart for me.

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
if u care about what other people think then get the V6 if you want just pure thrill enjoyment the VX.

Ad

MK2 FRS
People dont look down on the VX.. thats for sure.

It depends, most people on here buy their 172/182 because of the driving credentails...

apply the same theory... one clear winner..

Scenic mk1 (F3R)
hmmm tough one this if i had the cash id go for a radical sr3 or the lotus esprit v8

personally a vee

although they are different driving cars as already pointed out but I'd prefere an exige to the vx220.

Megane Mk4
Mmm GM Motors or Renault?
Because at the end of the day, that's what it boils down to. Thats a toughie as we've seen some of the "nice" cars they've tried to sell us from the states.

The Vee has more road presence and a better stance tbh: -

vauxhall_vxr_220-3.jpg

Renault%20Clio%20Sport%20V6%20%282%29.jpg

For looks, Vee hands down, Performance-wise is The VXR-220 as it's smaller and lighter, But I'd rather have the Vee.. It turns heads more ;)

Ad

MK2 FRS
Mmm GM Motors or Renault?
Because at the end of the day, that's what it boils down to. Thats a toughie as we've seen some of the "nice" cars they've tried to sell us from the states.

The Vee has more road presence and a better stance tbh: -

Whilst its you opinion, I cant agree....

This is one occasion where badge doesnt come into play. The question is do you want a car that arguably attracts more attention or probably one of the best sports cars available for sub 25k.

The VX gets more general appreciation as a car, thats for sure...... a lot of more mature people think the V6 is a clio with a bodykit.