ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 255 - Seats are in!

:devilish:

I was gutted that you made me leave the carpet in...

;-)

my arms ache from all that work under the car.

y0z

Renault Laguna Coupe

lol.

BTW I meant the seats were supplied by Yozzasport, not the crap pics, which were taken by me in my garage 10 minutes ago.

Car now feels like a kart :D

Dirty E91

Do they the tilt forward at all? wouldn;t be much good to me unless you can get into the back.

Mate, I gotta say, they look awesome ! I thought the standard seats looked good but they are not the most supportive and these new ones are a great mix of support and style, fantastic !

Really liking that !

:D

They look awesome :cool:- how much lower are they, and does the legroom improve at all??

Finally got my V6 test drive next week too!:D

Matt

Hmm..obviously the shape of the seats is sexy and im sure theyre nice to sit in but i wouldnt swap a nice suede/leather seat for a cloth one. The V6s interior doesnt match the outside at all, that picture could be a 1.216v for all i know! I think a big improvement would be a retrim in leather.

-Rob

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Look great mike!!! My brother is looking at changing the seat in his vee...

And they look STUNNING!!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 31 March 2005
Hmm..obviously the shape of the seats is sexy and im sure theyre nice to sit in but i wouldnt swap a nice suede/leather seat for a cloth one. The V6s interior doesnt match the outside at all, that picture could be a 1.216v for all i know! I think a big improvement would be a retrim in leather.-Rob

you would be very suprised. To be honest, the photos dont do them justice. they look wicked.

leather seats - nice, but these look brill as they are.

/y0z

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

i am going to have to look for replacements fairly soon for my 172, 36k has started to fook the alcantara right up on the std seats. pants!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Matt ATR on 31 March 2005

They look awesome :cool:- how much lower are they, and does the legroom improve at all??

Finally got my V6 test drive next week too!:D

Matt
Driving position is transformed. The seat is lower, which means I can get closer to the steering wheel without my legs touching the wheel. I feel much more in touch with the car.

They weigh 13kgs each. Im not sure how much the standard seats weigh, but it took 2 of us to carry one into the house last night, so the total weight saving is probably 40kgs at least.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 31 March 2005

Hmm..obviously the shape of the seats is sexy and im sure theyre nice to sit in but i wouldnt swap a nice suede/leather seat for a cloth one. The V6s interior doesnt match the outside at all, that picture could be a 1.216v for all i know! I think a big improvement would be a retrim in leather.

-Rob
Yep! Although the Vee is the closest to being a proper race car, its still an every day car, and id much rather have a little comfort than a racy feel. Trust me on this, i spend half ma life in a race seat!

dk

911 GTS Cab

look nice, only concern for me would be the side airbags.

Having had a crash at 70mph into the drivers door, you sure do appreciate them.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

imo too, but then i dont know how much they usually cost, but they are a lot of money!!

V

v6Max

Price sounds about right given the quality and the additional engineering over than that in a "proper" race seat (e.g. tilting back etc).

Weight of OEM seats is 35kg by the way so you have made a saving - in a hundred years the petrol saved due to the weight reduction will have paid for the seats :)

Being lower makes all the difference doesnt it - its not just a positioning thing either you have just moved the 2nd heaviest thing in the car close to the ground and lowered the centre of gravity a bit...

but there is no way they can be height adjustable is there ... :cry: and I know that if you are tall enough you want lower seats in the RS cars, but when you are only 5 tall low is no good .... :(

however, glad you are pleased Mike - even if that Yoz person did rip you off .... ;)

[Edited by specialK on 31 March 2005 at 1:42pm]

LY 200

Imo id rather the half leather standards in a V6 but the new ones look good!!!

Are they Milanos?

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 31 March 2005
but there is no way they can be height adjustable is there ... :cry: and I know that if you are tall enough you want lower seats in the RS cars, but when you are only 5 tall low is no good .... :(however, glad you are pleased Mike - even if that Yoz person did rip you off .... ;)

Get a booster seat, and the tyres are going to be RRP in future ;-)

/y0z

Quote: Originally posted by JayR on 31 March 2005
Imo id rather the half leather standards in a V6 but the new ones look good!!!Are they Milanos?

Cobra Misanos.

/y0z

Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 31 March 2005

but there is no way they can be height adjustable is there ... :cry: and I know that if you are tall enough you want lower seats in the RS cars, but when you are only 5 tall low is no good .... :(

however, glad you are pleased Mike - even if that Yoz person did rip you off .... ;)

I have the same problem :-( I really want different seats and harnesses (losing the leather doesnt really bother me being a veggie!) but it is finding something that is suitable... and also something that can be usable by me being 5ft and anyone else who may drive it, who is probably much taller!

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 31 March 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Thanks for all the feedback (Im waking up now, it was a late one last night!). I didnt want leather - was more interested in the grippy fabric.<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Yes they tilt forward (and they remember their recline position)<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">http://www.mike.easley.dsl.pipex.com/seats3.jpg<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">http://www.mike.easley.dsl.pipex.com/seats4.jpg

they look even better during the day LOL :)

/y0z