ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 and my GF

Just showed a pic of a V6 to my gf.

Her reply:

*starts laughing*

"It looks like a cheap car with braces!!"

What am i gonna do with her?? Stabbing is one idea. :p

Da

Less

my missus loves it, "ooh thats a smart Clio" she said as we followed one a few weeks back! Only problem is 2 seater = not very good for the family plan! :cry:

Quote: Originally posted by psychy on 02 May 2005

Just showed a pic of a V6 to my gf.

Her reply:

*starts laughing*

"It looks like a cheap car with braces!!"

What am i gonna do with her?? Stabbing is one idea. :p

Just find a GF with better taste eh :D

Cya Stu

Get her to test drive one, preferably down a crowded high street or something.

Shell love the attention, Id lay money on it!

Then you can buy it.

and never let her drive it ;)

Clio v6

My Mrs thinks my V6 is silly. "The faster the car, the smaller the willy" is her saying, she cant understand why I have a V6 lol

Quote: Originally posted by James on 02 May 2005

My Mrs thinks my V6 is silly. "The faster the car, the smaller the willy" is her saying, she cant understand why I have a V6 lol
Yeah yeah, you know shes right ;) lol :p

My gf actually likes an S2000 styled like Sukis in 2F2F.

Every damn car thats looks nice, she wants in pink. PINK PINK PINK

Nippy white cup

Quote: Originally posted by James on 02 May 2005

She cant understand why you havent got a Ferrari m8y ;)

Street Triple R

Quote: Originally posted by psychy on 02 May 2005

Every damn car thats looks nice, she wants in pink. PINK PINK PINK
lol, my GF wants everything in pink too lol, she wants a pink ford KA convertible! couldnt get much more girly than that could you? lol

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

My wife hasnt driven the Vee ... or for that matter been driven in it. Shes sat in it twice ... principally to rest her legs whilst talking to me.

She tolerates my obsession ... as long as I dont expect to clean it too often :(

Renault Laguna Coupe

Val and I have swapped cars for the week so that she can get used to the Vee for the Brands Hatch trackday.

So Ive paid all that money, and I get to drive a girly yellow Megane cabriolet for the week :confused:

Youre lucky gettin your missus to clean it! My old dear tolerates all me cars and says that I think more of them than I do of her - which is true!

Girlfriends are all right but you cant beat the real thing - a V6 255!

My girlfriend loves the looks of the thing, but found minor annoyances such as engine heat building up in the cabin while we are crawling in traffic, bumpy ride, and the fact that I get too throttle happy when traffic opens up :)

My other half was driving me in her 1.2 the other day when we came behind a brand new V6 in Iliad Blue. I pointed out how it was the car I wanted next, to which she said it was gross and a boy racer car.

Mind you, when she drives my 172 she says its "too stiff" and she really doesnt like it! She said my Williams was a chav car (gold wheels), that my Fiat Coupe 20VT looked like a batmobile and that my 16V was far too loud!

Oh well, cant win em all. :(

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 02 May 2005

Val and I have swapped cars for the week so that she can get used to the Vee for the Brands Hatch trackday.

So Ive paid all that money, and I get to drive a girly yellow Megane cabriolet for the week :confused:
Ill look out for you then mike..;)

ian

R

rich[182]

My wife is fine with my whole car thing but its helped by the fact Im not one for cleaning it every week,dont think ive even leathered it for several weeks, if I spent 2-3 hours every weekend washing it, leathering, polishing etc she wouldnt put up with it tbh, but tbh I dont wanna do that anyway so its a result all round, Im happy to spend 15 mins quick wash, hose down, main reason I bought silver

Clio RS 172 Ph2

My missus wasnt too keen on getting one - 2 seats (and we have child & dog), but since we have a zafira as a main family car, I talked her round into buying one for myself.

Since Ive had it, I cant keep her out of it - she loves how it drives, and thinks it sounds like a TVR (her dream car), so safe to say shes converted then!

Clio RS 172 Ph2

Shes out in mine now - 3rd time this week. I cant keep her out of it. Ill be reminding her that she said itd be difficult to live with, and wed only keep it a short while...

Shes getting more fun out of it than me... I do lots of miles for work, so drive it steady most of the time to save burning off super-unleaded too quick, then she takes it out in the evening , and gives it hell - I get it back the next morning with 30 more miles on the clock and £10 of petrol gone!

Sorry to sidetrack a bit... but since most V6 owners are looking in this thread...

- what aftermarket exhausts can I get for the vee? How would you rate them?

- As the front shocks on mine feel a bit worn out, should I get OEM replacements or go aftermarket (KWs?)?

I think if I change either of these items to aftermarket, my girlfriend would hate me more!:)