ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 as an every-other-day driver.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Morning!

Question - could you use a V6 as a main car? Ok, it's not particularly economical, but could you use it to go to work and back in? It's a Renault, so it'll break down every once in a while, I know, but is it any worse than any other Renault other than servicing/maintenance costs?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Easily imo, it's not even that intrusive imo if you drive sensibly.

Better than yours. C*nt.
That's what I thought. Basically I'm having a down-to-earth moment in that I can give my OH a lift to work near enough 4 days a week, and as such the Trophy and the Exige are collecting dust.

If I got rid of both, for a Vee (mint Ph2 one), could that sit there most days and get used sometimes? As I've got a company car and a bike, we've got 4 vehicles for 2 of us and 2 of those have had 30 miles on each in the last month!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Mike, as per fred's comment. I also used mine from aug 07-Oct 08 as an every day car! I had no issues, other than a broken spring. No coil issues, Nothing! It's been a wee gem.

Mines not all that comfy with the buckets and wearing a suit makes it annoying. But it's just a clio!!!

the car is actually more dosile to drive than the 172's...Box is far nicer, can pull away in 2nd no problem.

In traffic you'll only see about 16mpg. roughly 70miles to 20£. They only run on super also.

Speedbumps arn't an issue with std ride height. Park away from high kerbs for the front and rear bumper.

what else...Turning circle...Aye not great for parking and with the bulky doors, it means you have to creep out. I generally park away from folk or at work beside a 911. I know he won't open his door on me and visa versa.

very much an everyday car. Hence why mines done over 40k!

For day to day work tho, i'd always go for the BM! lol. On a dry day for a blast or a friday at work, i'll take the vee everyday...

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Ive had 5 & all were daily drives- If you can put up with the odd 3 point turn & lowish intown MPG then its fine...

S

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Riz used his daily for a while, 100 mile round trip daily. With a quiksilver OMG exhaust. That was unbearable TBH!

just done about 700 miles in mine in the last week. it was a pain in the butt at times to be honest, cant get on to most peoples driveways, any serious bumps in the road or change of gradients make me cringe and it has naff all space to put anything in.

sounds great and its awesome fun though!!!!

Clio v6
Beauty of the V6 forum.

Thought I heard you mention me. :p

Anyhow..... I run about all over the place in mine most days. Only multi-stories I avoid. The local rat run for seafront racers with snow plough spoilers, has just been adorned with 18 speed bumps. The Vee has no bother getting over them.

Ask a nice owner to take you out and do your local run, see what you think then decide.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
mines been my daily car since this time last year, even when it snowed early this year! that was a bit scary mind haha

Clio v6
Yeah you can use it as a daily driver, but you have to put up with niggly things like the turning circle etc... Its worth the inconvenience for that v6 grumble!

V6 255 (Illiad Blue)
Mines pretty much a daily drive, wouldnt change it for the world atm. Im getting 27mpg on average, i live in the sticks and drive 25 miles to work on A and B roads. piece of piss

RB 200 Cup!
That's what I thought. Basically I'm having a down-to-earth moment in that I can give my OH a lift to work near enough 4 days a week, and as such the Trophy and the Exige are collecting dust.

If I got rid of both, for a Vee (mint Ph2 one), could that sit there most days and get used sometimes? As I've got a company car and a bike, we've got 4 vehicles for 2 of us and 2 of those have had 30 miles on each in the last month!

I wish i had your life! ;)

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Its only the practicality that puts people off using them everyday. They eat motorway miles for breakfast and sit fine in traffic. Ok the fuels not the best but its by no means the worst.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
I dont use mine everyday... but thats just because its impossible to do so, even my Caddy van isnt big enough for all the gear I need to carry around.. lol. I'd love to be able to use it every day. Like most others have said, its far better behaved on the roads than most peolple on CS would have you believe.
Infact, if it's a Black/Gold one you're after.. I know of an exceptionally good one for sale right now... ;) I'm sure others will confirm its condition.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I dont use mine everyday... but thats just because its impossible to do so, even my Caddy van isnt big enough for all the gear I need to carry around.. lol. I'd love to be able to use it every day. Like most others have said, its far better behaved on the roads than most peolple on CS would have you believe.
Infact, if it's a Black/Gold one you're after.. I know of an exceptionally good one for sale right now... ;) I'm sure others will confirm its condition.

Is this yours Shaun?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1262159.htm

If so me likes. Quite tempted to get a V6.

yep thats Shauns, and its an absolute cracking example. one of the cleanest and best looked after you could find!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^Shame you don't live closer mate, would happily give you mine for a wk and see how you get on...

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Cheers guys!!.. I was begining to wonder it had something wrong with it!. Not had a sausage of interest in it. Apart from a one complete wast of time.. who decided he wanted an entirely different car altogether, dispite mine not being the firts he'd looked at.. grr.. couldn't say owt.. he was such a nice guy!.. lol
May have to drop the price somewhat. :(

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Hi Mike.. hope you like Black/Gold! ;)

DSC01005.jpg

Engles Mummy
It's fine for every day. I had one for about 16 months and I drove it every god damn day! Yea it had a few problems like - New clutch, new fly wheel, new gear box, new brake disks and pads and new tyres ever 6 months...but hey it was all worth it!

This is how mine most of the time -

Image023-1.jpg

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
What colour is yours? I am indeed looking for one...

Mike If you are wanting a black Gold one then buy the one Shaun has for Sale- ^^^

It will have a great History & will have been well looked after- you can be sure of that-
You never know what you might get from Pistonheads or Autotrader....

Best of luck-
S