ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

v6 - everyday car

Megane R26

I am very much considering buying a v6 255. clearly its not the most practical car, but f*ck it if I wanted practical Id buy an espace! :D

just wanted to know if there are any v6 drivers using it as an everyday car & if so, how do they find it?

cheers guys!

E91 M Sport

I use mine semi-everyday (and thats not due to impracticality) and its a very easy car to live with. Ive got a mk1 so it likes to brake down now and then....but you shouldnt find that with the mk2.

You can fit the weekly shopping in (most of it on the parcel shelf, or under the bonnet), go away for long weekends, etc.

Apart from the lack of rear seats (which are useless in a lot of 2+2 cars anyway), its not too bad at all!

every day - some days to do 100 miles a day, sometimes to do 200 miles a day, sometimes to do 25 miles a day, but it is my everyday car - hubby only gets to drive it occasionally in the week (hes got it today) and weekends !!!

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 01 April 2005

I think Telford Mike does?
Yeah he does, this is his day to day car so I guess the answer to your original question is yes, it can be used as an everyday car.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Using mine every day ... but have a big family 7-seater too. It does have its rare challenges eg. I couldnt buy a radiator at B&Q the other evening since couldnt fit in the car ... so will have to fight the crowds at the weekend.

All in all tho as a car for commuting in its great. Very comfy and relaxed on the motorway too.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Yes, my V6 is my only car, I use it every day. Its perfectly practical, just think of it as a normal Clio with no rear seats or boot, and you get the idea. Theres lots of luggage space behind the front seats and in the front.

Service intervals are the same as a 172/182, and the services cost about the same. Fuel is ok at about 24mpg.

BMW 330d :)

Does anyone have pics of the space under the bonnet on the v6? Ive always wondered how much of it there is! Is there more in the mk1 or mk2?

Fraser

I use mine as an everyday car. The turning circal can be a pain in the arse sometimes, i find myself going the long way to work to avoid a tight turn. Thats about the only problem i have with practicality, i can even get all the weekly shopping on the parcel shelf behind the seats.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by TheRoninV6 on 01 April 2005

I use mine as an everyday car. The turning circal can be a pain in the arse sometimes, i find myself going the long way to work to avoid a tight turn. Thats about the only problem i have with practicality, i can even get all the weekly shopping on the parcel shelf behind the seats.
Yeah but that and the clearance gives an extra excuse to go "the long way" to places ;) Lovin it :D

Very useable as an every day car. Use mine come rain, shine or snow.

Not so keen on the snow though! lol

So does my wife (when I need her v6 4motion for more than 1 passenger)

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by ChrisM on 01 April 2005

So does my wife (when I need her v6 4motion for more than 1 passenger)
My missus refuses to drive mine :D

Mine refuses if its snowy/frosty.

Fuel consumption falls through the floor when she has it as she rings its neck. LOL!