ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 Experts, 'Random Multiple Mis-fire'

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
The old man has a Avantime on his fleet to float about in occasionally.

It has a re-occuring issue where by once it's hot / up to temp, it starts misfiring and cutting out. It then won't run or start properly until it's cooled to virtually 'left overnight' kind of temperatures.

Now, this lump is the one found in the Espace too, and perhaps maybe the Clio V6? It's had the plugs and every coil pack changed, ruling them out.

The only fault code is for 'Random Multiple Misfire'.

Has anyone any ideas / had any experience on these?

Ta :)

Lionel Richie
could be a lambda (they have 4) but are you 100% sure it has the correct plugs and decent (ie non cheapo) coil packs that are all matching?

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
It's been through two set of coil packs from ECP Fred, but they were Valeo items, all changed at the same time. (To my mind, same as OE?)

The plugs used were NGK Iridiums I think.

Can a broken Lambda produce that code then? I know RMM is very generic, but wouldn't O2 give a bank and location code?

Thanks for the reply. :)

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Lol.

Although you make a point, could be O2/Cat related. What's the Air Mass / Flow Meter like on them? French like everything else?