ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

v6 in a mk1

audi a3 1.8t sport
hi just woundering if a v6 out of a clio v6 or a laguna v6 would fit in a mk1 clio? and if any of you have engine bay pics with covers off that would be grate cos thinking of doing a new project its ether that or a magane 225 engine in a mk1 wich do you think would be better.

Megan engine would be way better.

Thene again thats a waste get a powerful or a V6 etc (a light one not the Renault L series tank) or better still twin engines.

The Renault L engine could be made to fit though.

audi a3 1.8t sport
any one now were i can get a megg engine from because iv been looking and thay are abit thin on the ground

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Mate your pissing in the wind - drop a 1.8 T lump in your clio. Theres loads knocking about, there easy to fit, more reliable and have more potential tuning wise.

The clio V6 engine is a dated big old lump of dog sh1t

172 cup
dont mean to piss on yer fireworks but the cost would massive if you wanted to make it mid engine and if you somehow put it in the front the speed would be good but your cornering would be s**t i have a few friends with 20l 16v engines in novas and corsas and its the same story to be honest ive just brought a 172 cup and my mk1 16v is still sat outside ive been looking closely and i reckon the 172 engine will just about drop straight in the top engine mount is the same and the stabiliser mount is almost bang on too i reckon the only hard bit is the loom and with the mk1 being alot lighter i reckon it would fly

visualize whirled pe
Any specific reason you want a V6? I would be inclined to turbocharge your car instead, unless the engine is knackerd.
If you do go for a V6 it would be more of a pain but well worth making it mid engined.

You need'nt stick to Renault though, there are tons of v6 engines which would be better, what about a 2.9 cosworth cologne V6 out of a scorpio with ready available turbo technics forced induction kits at reasonable prices. They are also gear timed so no f**king cambelt to faf with / worry about and it's a ford so parts are cheap. If I had the money it's what I'd love to do.

Take no notice of BHP figures from big engines though there usually not too imressive ie; 2.8 capris had less bhp than the latest clio RS but it wasnt a slouch, 0-60 - 7.9 and they were big heavy cars.
Look for the amount of torque you'll get, it's that you will find makes the car quick and in something light like a clio, basicly it'll pull like a train and have punch in every gear at most speeds even from low revs.

Or a Rover V8 3500, more scope for power without f.i. and lightweight alloy and cheap, 10 years ago my mate dropped one of these (bored out, lightened, ballenced, ported heads....) in an MGB Roadster and it went like an AC Cobra and sounded mental, you could pull away in fourth gear it had so much tourque.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I just ran some figures through my expensive physics software to get some handling data for you, its not looking good;

v6conversion.jpg

Meg on pistonheads £6995
^ ^

ha ha ha

agree with what's been said - a VW 1.8T would be a better bet

BUT however mint the car is, a seriously modded mark 1 would have a very very limited resale and would need so many bits to bring it up-to-spec..........

........ I'd be tempted not to be tempted!

keep it standard, save the 2, 3, 4K+ in an ISA a go for a 'nutter' car in 2/3 yrs

audi a3 1.8t sport
already have a mk1 with 1.7 turbo in it i was just looking at something that hadant been done yet