ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 Info

Hello all...

Got my deposit down on V6 at the min should collect in a few weeks all going well!

Can anyone tell me exactly what they are like to drive on a day to day basis?

Also what petrol consumption is like realistically!!

Have studied all book figures and been quoted happy with insurance but wouldnt mind some info from the horse mouth so to speak...

Any info appreciated

Corsa 2.0 16v baby

bit over rated from what i hear, vague steering etc this is what an owner has told me anyway, mk2s are slightly better thou, good looks etc!

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Quote: Originally posted by wrx-172 on 27 February 2004

Hello all...

Got my deposit down on V6 at the min should collect in a few weeks all going well!

Can anyone tell me exactly what they are like to drive on a day to day basis?

Also what petrol consumption is like realistically!!

Have studied all book figures and been quoted happy with insurance but wouldnt mind some info from the horse mouth so to speak...

Any info appreciated
Alright WRX, Id ignore Jabba The Sluts comment, no offence love. The V6 is one of the best drivers cars around, refer To Evo issue 063, in which they rated it higher than the Evo VIII, Impreza, Mini Cooper s, RX-8, 350Z.

And then they moved onto the big boys, Bentley, Ferrari 360 Stradale and many more, and still they rated the V6 higher.

Youve just got to get used to driving it, theres colosul grip there and the feel of the handling is great, its just a lot different to front wheel drive and even front engined rear wheel drive.

I dont use mine everyday. I bought it only as a weekend toy. Fuel comsumption seems to be settleing to about 25 mpg.

Well worth buying mate.

weve got one, Im not what anyone would probably class as a "drive" but it is for everyday use - and it is overwhelming fun !! I drive it up and down the motorway and into London on a regular basis (2-3 times a week) and the only one thing I can possibly criticise is the turning circle - you look like a complete nurd when you even want to park it - it wont go into a space in one !!

now some people on here will say I look like a nurd anyway so it cant make a lot of difference, but everybody stares at it and then you can imagine them thinking - oh for godsssake, buys a fast car and then cant even park it - and of course that thought is doubled cos Im a woman !!!

fuel consumption averages about 25 - even with London driving - drops a bit when you start to play though !

would highly recommend it - enjoy it sooooo much, love it to bits, no negatives at all !! other than nurd value !!!

in fact while we are on the subject, ours is black gold, and I have just spent yet another 2 hours washing it, and then the sun came out and made it all soooooo worthwhile - that colour is just amazing in the sun !!!

any more reasons/excuses for me to extol the virtues of the V6 ???!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 27 February 2004

only one thing I can possibly criticise is the turning circle - you look like a complete nurd when you even want to park it - it wont go into a space in one !!
Agreed, I have to do a three point turn just to get onto my drive way. You can almost hear the neighbours tutting.

Highly embarassing the first day I brought it home.:oops:

our drive can fit about 10 clios on it, and I still cant get it in the garage in less than about 10 !!!! ;) in fact its so fat that today is the first time I have actually managed to get it into the garage without giving the keys to my hubby and saying, pretty please!!!! :eek:

Thanks for all the info guys its much appreciated!

As soon as I drove the car I fell in love with it!! The turning circle is abit pants but the looks alone make up for it!

Again thanks for the info I just cant wait to finally pick it up!

Kev

What sort of deals are you getting and how long does it take to get? I want to order one at the end of the year.

Quote: Originally posted by wrx-172 on 28 February 2004

As soon as I drove the car I fell in love with it!!

<- Jealous

Drove one a few weeks ago, it was such a giggle that Id LOVE a V6 now.. one day.. perhaps..

Best car ive ever bought too and ive owned alsorts in my time.

Yep the turning circle is sh*te but who cares,its the biggest head turner on the road for me.

Sean

They are a load of sh*te mate!!

Wouldnt bother wasting your money on one, save zillions of pounds and buy yourself a second hand Cup without ABS instead, they are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better!!

NOT!!

My cousin has just bought one and it is a stupidly quick car for that size.I Will eventually buy one in my lifetime when im old enough to drive 1.

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by Clio V6 on 29 February 2004
Just bought one from a garage for 22500, 3k on the clock. Absolutely mint

A MK2 ?

Quote: Originally posted by riplash on 28 February 2004

Quote: Originally posted by wrx-172 on 28 February 2004

As soon as I drove the car I fell in love with it!!

<- Jealous

Drove one a few weeks ago, it was such a giggle that Id LOVE a V6 now.. one day.. perhaps..

So you thinking of trading in the 6th best drivers car of all time then?;)