ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

v6 or cup witch is faster................

hi,its LittleChick everyone witch is faster out of these to cup/v6???????

(y)LittleChick(y)

(everything i post is boring i know coz i dont have a clio!)

Nippy white cup

From a standing start the V6 will pull a bit on the Cup but a rolling start is a different matter. CB1A was in front of me on the motorway and when the car in front pulled into the middle lane we both went for it and from 60ish to just over 100 we were exactly the same. That was with just the filter so I would expect to stay with him till 125 b4 he would start to pull away as this is were I would have to change up to 5th and his extra power would start to show thu.

But as has been said many times, the V6 isnt just about balls out speed but looks, the sound, and to a point the exclusivity

Chris

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 01 July 2004

But as has been said many times, the V6 isnt just about balls out speed but looks, the sound, and to a point the exclusivity

Chris

Agree with that, but I am getting 100bhp of NOS just to be on the safe side...lol:D

Simon.

Clio v6

I look at it more simply. Which car can drive along a road doing 155mph? If faster means which car is in front, then I guess the one that is going faster, is faster.

Elise/VX220/R26

v6 got 1.36.2 on top gears circuit 182 which is gonna be about the same as a cup got 1.33.8

Cup is about a second quicker than the mk 1 from 60-100 but matched to the mk2 v6

IMO any RS Clio will keep pace with a v6 up to aton but will lose marginally due to traction from a standing start.

James yes the V6 will do 155 but if we are being honest who will ever find this out?

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 01 July 2004
[PP]James yes the V6 will do 155 but if we are being honest who will ever find this out?

Everyone who has one I should think. I did top speed almost every night in my V6 when I had one.

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 01 July 2004

v6 got 1.36.2 on top gears circuit 182 which is gonna be about the same as a cup got 1.33.8
How many times are people going to quote that sh*t????

V6 was in pooring rain very wet track....182 was dry track, if the difference between wet and dry is about 5 seconds then V6 is up by 2 seconds a lap....OK:D

Simon.

[Edited by shmall on 01 July 2004 at 9:32pm]

Quote: Originally posted by shmall on 01 July 2004

Its not sh*t, it was on the telly, it must be true!!!!! Topgear as well, dont go upsetting the commoners Simon;)

Quote: Originally posted by steveV6 on 01 July 2004

Its not sh*t, it was on the telly, it must be true!!!!! Topgear as well, dont go upsetting the commoners Simon;)

:D.......lol

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by James on 01 July 2004

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 01 July 2004

[PP]James yes the V6 will do 155 but if we are being honest who will ever find this out?

Everyone who has one I should think. I did top speed almost every night in my V6 when I had one.
:eek:

Clio v6

Track, track, track. How many hours in a year do you drive on a track ( if ever )?

How many hours in a year do you drive your car on the road?

Did you buy your car on the strength on what Top Gear said it did by one guy on a track?

Quote: Originally posted by steveV6 on 01 July 2004

Quote: Originally posted by James on 01 July 2004

Did you buy your car on the strength on what Top Gear said it did by one guy on a track?

Yes, i have no brain!!!!!!!!
First sensable post ive seen for a while from you Steve;)

Quote: Originally posted by 007 on 01 July 2004

First sensable post ive seen for a while from you Steve;)

Feeling a little silly tonight, oh for the good old days of you know what!! Im in that kinda mood. Moooooooooooooo

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

lol at u ladies getting upset about wet and dry and what people say... people say the v6 is good, they are clearly wrong cos its an overpriced slow (in its price range) piece of crap :p

and cups are worse, buy a cup and get an ego upgrade to TO$$ER

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Anyway, back to the original question...

Q - Which is faster?

A - V6

Reason - Mk1 does 145mph and the mk2 does 153mph, compared to 138mph for the Cup, so V6 is the fastest of the cars in question, which is what she wanted to know! ;)

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 01 July 2004

lol at u ladies getting upset about wet and dry and what people say... people say the v6 is good, they are clearly wrong cos its an overpriced slow (in its price range) piece of crap :p

and cups are worse, buy a cup and get an ego upgrade to TO$$ER

You sound like the TO$$ER here mate......its cost me the same as my bros Scooby WRX and is just as fast.....unless you think Scoobies are slow cars too???

Now let me think, would I want your Clio Turbo or My V6 255....My V6 255 for sure :D

Simon.

[Edited by shmall on 01 July 2004 at 11:17pm]

[Edited by shmall on 01 July 2004 at 11:21pm]

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

um i can think what i like tbh,

a scooby has potential, but is still common.

a v6 is a sh*t load of money for a car that is basically a slow car... compare it to cars that cost 20 odd grand and cars that have cost that, and its nothing special...

i wouldnt ever buy a v6, but its up to you what you say and do, no need to get so arsey about it is there.

im on a cliosport site, as i have a mrk 1 clio, and even if i didnt im a paid member and within reason as long as im not brakeing the rules which im not i shall say and do as i please

a v6 is a sh*t load of money for a car that is basically a slow car... compare it to cars that cost 20 odd grand and cars that have cost that, and its nothing special...

i wouldnt ever buy a v6, but its up to you what you say and do, no need to get so arsey about it is there.

im on a cliosport site, as i have a mrk 1 clio, and even if i didnt im a paid member and within reason as long as im not brakeing the rules which im not i shall say and do as i please

Youre the one that started getting arsey here mate calling people TO$$ERS......

My V6 cost me the same as a Scooby and is not a slow car, unless you feel 155mph is SLOW?????

Gets to 60 in under 6 seconds, suits me fine.

As for the fact that you say it nothing special, well its the worlds only Mid-Engined RWD Hatckback and draws Crowds where ever it goes, so some people feel its very special indeed (me included)

I have yet to stop at a filling station or carpark where someone doesnt come over and make a talking point about "The Awesome car" with big smiles on there faces..... gets a bit tiresome at times..;)

When I have increased the power to 355bhp it will indeed be a fast as it looks.....like what you like, but nobody in there right mind could call the V6 "A piece of crap", unless they have a bit of envy for it really....

Simon.

182, GTR, C63

you cant judge people you dont know. Im not a to553r and i have friends because i dont go round calling other people to553rs but in your case ill make an acception. You to553r!!!!! Well said simon and i agree with him totaly id rather have his v6 than 100 turbo clios and so would most. Dont diss other peoples cars unless your prepared to get a response. Id also rather have my cup imho. Oh and the v6 is the faster car. I dont normally reply to stupid messages like these but hey im in a bad mood.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 01 July 2004um i can think what i like tbh,

im on a cliosport site, as i have a mrk 1 clio, and even if i didnt im a paid member and within reason as long as im not brakeing the rules which im not i shall say and do as i please Youre the one that started getting arsey here mate calling people TO$$ERS......My V6 cost me the same as a Scooby and is not a slow car, unless you feel 155mph is SLOW?????Gets to 60 in under 6 seconds, suits me fine.As for the fact that you say it nothing special, well its the worlds only Mid-Engined RWD Hatckback and draws Crowds where ever it goes, so some people feel its very special indeed (me included)I have yet to stop at a filling station or carpark where someone doesnt come over and make a talking point about "The Awesome car" with big smiles on there faces..... gets a bit tiresome at times..;) When I have increased the power to 355bhp it will indeed be a fast as it looks.....like what you like, but nobody in there right mind could call the V6 "A piece of crap", unless they have a bit of envy for it really....Simon.

ok the t**ser remark may have been a bit harsh, not all but alot of cup drivers are then :p

i cna honestly say i would not want a v6 even if it was free... well thats a lie i would have it if it was free to sell,

how can you say your happy with it because if your 100% happy with somthing you dont want to change it or give it more power...

a clio v6 is overpriced for what it is, and its nothing new, the r5 turbo 1 and 2 were mid mounted rwd hatches... so dont try and play that card... they were much better cars and i would have 1 of them over a v6 any day !

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 01 July 2004
Anyway, back to the original question...Q - Which is faster?A - V6 Reason - Mk1 does 145mph and the mk2 does 153mph, compared to 138mph for the Cup, so V6 is the fastest of the cars in question, which is what she wanted to know! ;)

Spot on Rich.

The posters question has now been anwsered.

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 02 July 2004

Youre the one that started getting arsey here mate calling people TO$$ERS......

My V6 cost me the same as a Scooby and is not a slow car, unless you feel 155mph is SLOW?????

Gets to 60 in under 6 seconds, suits me fine.

As for the fact that you say it nothing special, well its the worlds only Mid-Engined RWD Hatckback and draws Crowds where ever it goes, so some people feel its very special indeed (me included)

I have yet to stop at a filling station or carpark where someone doesnt come over and make a talking point about "The Awesome car" with big smiles on there faces..... gets a bit tiresome at times..;)

When I have increased the power to 355bhp it will indeed be a fast as it looks.....like what you like, but nobody in there right mind could call the V6 "A piece of crap", unless they have a bit of envy for it really....

Simon.

ok the t**ser remark may have been a bit harsh, not all but alot of cup drivers are then :p

i cna honestly say i would not want a v6 even if it was free... well thats a lie i would have it if it was free to sell,

how can you say your happy with it because if your 100% happy with somthing you dont want to change it or give it more power...

a clio v6 is overpriced for what it is, and its nothing new, the r5 turbo 1 and 2 were mid mounted rwd hatches... so dont try and play that card... they were much better cars and i would have 1 of them over a v6 any day !

I was 100% happy with my old 5GTT turbo but that didnt stop me modding it over time :) so yes I will NOS up the V6 at some point, just like you have Turbod your car.

The 5Turbo 2s are not made anymore so the V6 is the only current Mid-Engined RWD Hachback made in the world at this time.

I did like the 5Turbo 2 when it first came out but now think they look bad and under powered at only 160bhp... but you do seem to like old cars judging by your present car...;)