ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

(V6 owners)insurance on a V6, how much do u pay?

G/W 200 and project Vdub
After seeing a couple on saturday at southend i am wanting one, i got a quote off bell.com for £950 with 2 years no claims, is that good or not?

Yep good quote that. I pay £660 f/c with five years protected ncd. I am 27 now.

One of the ones you'd have seen on sat was mine :cool:

LY V6 with Recaros
I pay about £750 f/c protected with Greenlight. I'm 25 have 6 years no claims so I'd say the quote you have is pretty reasonable.

G/W 200 and project Vdub
if i get one it wont be till next year, hopfully it will be cheaper with one more year and i'll be 24

Nissan 350z
Just to clarify. Do you use them as your every day car or do you treat the v6 as more of a weekend toy?

Just wondering really as how much the estimated mileage affects the cost of insurance.

2010 focus Rs
One of the ones you'd have seen on sat was mine :cool:[/quote]

how often do you go down there? i use to go atleast one a month at one point but not been for a while after the rossers stoped the street racing part by mcdonalds, is it back up and running??

LY V6 with Recaros
Just to clarify. Do you use them as your every day car or do you treat the v6 as more of a weekend toy?

Just wondering really as how much the estimated mileage affects the cost of insurance.

I've got mine on limited mileage, I think I told them 6k a year. I use it as a daily commute to work but that's only a few miles away so I don't really do an awful lot of miles in it for commuting, just pleasure :) But I doubt I'll use it as much over winter, which will keep it down.

For me mileage ddin't really affect the price, I think I said about 7k per year. The value didn't matter either, if it cost say 16k (for a mk2) Or 12k (for a mk1) the price was the same. I'm not required to have a tracker either, but it has one.

DCi
For me mileage ddin't really affect the price, I think I said about 7k per year. The value didn't matter either, if it cost say 16k (for a mk2) Or 12k (for a mk1) the price was the same. I'm not required to have a tracker either, but it has one.
I've heard value only makes a difference if the car is worth over 30k, i can't say that is fact but I think i read it on one of the insurers websites once

i based my mileage on 11k, although i do about 8k in reality.

might aswell tell them what you actually do, i dont think it effects it that much.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
v6 insurance companys

why am i getting quotes of 3.5k + on a vee at 21 with 4 years NCB?? all you lot seem to be paying pennies :(

LY V6 with Recaros
That's so unfair, Admiral were about £8-900 for me when I last checked, and I'm 25, have 6 years NCB and I'm a girl!! I think I'm going to move to Scotland!

LY V6 with Recaros
Re: v6 insurance companys

What companies are you trying? Most people seem to go with Admiral/Elephant or Greenlight who have vees.

They are a brokers, so it's with another company. They are very good, a few of the vee boys are with them.

clio 197, mazda rx7

why am i getting quotes of 3.5k + on a vee at 21 with 4 years NCB?? all you lot seem to be paying pennies :(

i got a quote two weeks ago for £3150 for a mark 2 with no NCB and im 21, i think the insurance company was sabre (no one else would insure me :( lol)

DCi

are you putting commuting? I'm sure I've read some people with these really nice quotes are on limited mileage

ph1 172
and moving from a 'good' area to a 'bad' one can double a quote. loads of things affect the price