ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 storage space for armchairs

Renault Clio S
Hi

Was reading with interest the FAQ on V6 ownership over at v6clio.net. Under the ‘what’s annoying with the car’ thread is a mention about lack of storage space, however (and I quote):

“trips to IKEA for armchairs have been successfully made in V6s”.

I find this amazing; are there any V6 owners who have managed similar feats with the limited space available, or perhaps can top this even?

Last edited:
The front tray bit has been used as a chiller/freezer by a few folk, plug the drain hole up & fill with ice. Clarkson used it as a carry cot once on Top Gear.
You can't put much weight in it though, ony 30kg's tops & a new ones mega money.

I never bother trying to get stuff in it really, the shopping goes in the passenger footwell, or under the bonnet if I have a passenger, that's it really. If I have to move big stuff i'll use another car.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
i've had me (6 foot) my dad (6 foot 2) his overnight bag in under the bonnet, a 18" wheel and tyre behind us and a small bag in the boot :)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I always assumed that a bag of kippers was the limit.

I went to asda and bought some scampi, put it in the boot and didnt think anything of it, then went the long way home and was greated with a half de-frosted bag of scampi :(

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Where there's a will there's a way. There's a similar thread on VX220.org - best someone managed on there is to transport a double mattress on it - pretty much strapped over the top lol. Someone was trying to claim a washing machine, but I just can't believe that for one minute...fibreglass isn't that strong.

^ a boot on a vx is a lot bigger than one on a vee. I doubt that about the washing machine though.
i so wanna fill the front of one up with beer at a show!!!
Lol, that would be ace. Iirc Mace did it at the Netional day the other year.